Background retinopathy reversed

Dazzyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had half a dozen or so retinal scans and each one has reported 'background retinopathy' in my right eye. I was even shown the photos, one tiny spec of calcium and one tiny bleed. Not eye-sight threatening but good to know what was what.
This year the report came back as no retinopathy! I rang the clinic and after chatting the photos were double checked by a consultant who confirmed that it has all gone away on its own!!!
Being honest my glucose is not the best controlled in the workd, I have an hba1c of 12...
So here's waiting for the next scan:)

HEG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm fairly newly diagnosed and have had a couple of eye scans. I think that I would freak if anything was found so be thankful whatever was found has gone and concentrate on getting the sugar levels better before something else occurs.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had half a dozen or so retinal scans and each one has reported 'background retinopathy' in my right eye. I was even shown the photos, one tiny spec of calcium and one tiny bleed. Not eye-sight threatening but good to know what was what.
This year the report came back as no retinopathy! I rang the clinic and after chatting the photos were double checked by a consultant who confirmed that it has all gone away on its own!!!
Being honest my glucose is not the best controlled in the workd, I have an hba1c of 12...
So here's waiting for the next scan:)

have you been doing things differently than you did earlier, like walking a lot more or do you take any vitamins you didn´t use to take ???? less stressed or alike ?

Dazzyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
have you been doing things differently than you did earlier, like walking a lot more or do you take any vitamins you didn´t use to take ???? less stressed or alike ?
Hi, this is just my point - I've done nothing except INCREASE my stress levels, in the office for 14 hours a day 90 min round journey to/from work... maybe MORE stress is the answer!!! LOL!