Bad cholesterol - medical trial

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
A relative has been invited to take part in this trial. I thought others might be interested to google it as it seems to be going on in various regions and countries.
He is unsure why he has been selected and of course now concerned that he has bad cholesterol. He will decline the offer for several reasons.

• Not keen on injections in the stomach
  • Frequent blood tests are needed
  • Looks as if the full results will take 20 years to evaluate
  • Asked to commit to the five year trial ... and at 95 he is not so sure of this!:)

Attachments

• 1-20190601_120604_Film2.jpg
    1-20190601_120604_Film2.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 331

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Statin type injections not pills then? No thanks. Even harder to stop side effects than pills which at least you can stop there and then u like waiting for a jab to wear off. I suspect only relevant to those committed to staying on statins of which there aren’t a huge number in here.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He is unsure why he has been selected and of course now concerned that he has bad cholesterol. He will decline the offer for several reasons.
  • Asked to commit to the five year trial ... and at 95 he is not so sure of this!:)

I am also unsure why he has been selected at the age of 95! Are they serious .....

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
A relative has been invited to take part in this trial. I thought others might be interested to google it as it seems to be going on in various regions and countries.

He's 95 and it will take 20 yrs to evaluate.... ummm.

So there is a need to lower LDL in people who are in their 90's, give me a break. I'd tell them where they can stick their proposed study.

Why would anyone want to put people at this age through all that? Something seriously wrong with that.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I doubt that is the case as higher cholesterol levels appear to be protective in the very old..

Yeah, I agree... I meant that it appears the "trial" views them as needing to be lowered. Sorry, for the confusion.

M

Member496333

The only bad cholesterol is not enough cholesterol. I wonder if humans will still be obsessing over this nonsense when we’ve colonised the cosmos.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The only bad cholesterol is not enough cholesterol. I wonder if humans will still be obsessing over this nonsense when we’ve colonised the cosmos.

I don't think we'll get that far.... can't even feed ourselves properly...:D