Bad Day

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Had a 'challenging' day at school, came home really cold and kinda of stepped of the wagon - cup of coffee, two chocolate biscuits and a slice of gingerbread cake - oops! Now cooking a much healthier dinner of mushroom omelette and salad.

Reactions: DeejayR

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone has those kind of days so don't feel bad! At least you're having a healthy dinner! Hope you feel better soon

Reactions: Hammer1964

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya, yes, stepping off the wagon is the key rather than falling off. It happens, and it's better to be in control if you're going to do it. Then climb back on, as you're doing. We're human.

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have my sympathies. I have no idea why but the kids were mental today and I, as have you, have had a terrible day. I went to Tesco on the way home and REALLY wanted a chicken stew and dumplings. I didn't and had stir fry but it really hasn't hit the spot. I think I shall just go to bed and put today to rest.
I hope tomorrow is much better.

Reactions: Hammer1964

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
You have my sympathies. I have no idea why but the kids were mental today and I, as have you, have had a terrible day. I went to Tesco on the way home and REALLY wanted a chicken stew and dumplings. I didn't and had stir fry but it really hasn't hit the spot. I think I shall just go to bed and put today to rest.
I hope tomorrow is much better.

Funny how it affects us, fine whilst at school but once home the walls came down and I crumbled with them. Well done for not giving in, that is sheer determination. I totally get what you mean about not hitting the spot!