Bad Monday

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, Gets up this morning, Fasting blood 7.0. Not so good. Gets to work and realises I've left my man bag at home with my metformin, meter and wallet in it. No worries me thinks, I will cope for the day. Goes to have my single shredded wheat to see me through to lunch time. And someone has eaten them. Only thing left is my Quakers oats caramel flavour I've had since pre diabetes diagnosis. On top of all that I already feel under the weather. It's going to be one of those Monday's. I can feel it in me pancreas.

Reactions: 7 people

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, Gets up this morning, Fasting blood 7.0. Not so good. Gets to work and realises I've left my man bag at home with my metformin, meter and wallet in it. No worries me thinks, I will cope for the day. Goes to have my single shredded wheat to see me through to lunch time. And someone has eaten them. Only thing left is my Quakers oats caramel flavour I've had since pre diabetes diagnosis. On top of all that I already feel under the weather. It's going to be one of those Monday's. I can feel it in me pancreas.

That sucks. I would be putting a huge label on my cereal from now on. Not really the same thing, but I remember my nephew eating my 80% coco chocolate, I felt violated! Lol. He also got a stern talking to. Hopefully just one day won't make you feel too ill.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boomtown rats comes too mind...."I don't like mondays"!! Hope you come through unscathed ; )

Reactions: 4 people

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yuck, I hate that feeling. Hopefully you have a sympathetic boss. Plenty of water for you. I sometimes forget to take my night Metformin, do you take it at night? You should have enough still in your system to keep your body sensitive to insulin.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take my metformin at 7am and 7pm religiously. I even have an app on my phone that nags me until I do. It does prove one thing. The metformin works for me. When I take it I feel fine.

Supposed to be going out for works meal tonight. Feeling like this I may give it a miss.

suggs108

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
QUOTE="bluejeans98, post: 706124, member: 131993"]I take my metformin at 7am and 7pm religiously. I even have an app on my phone that nags me until I do.

Hi. Can I ask what app you use. I need a reminder also as I always forget to take them.

Thanks

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
QUOTE="bluejeans98, post: 706124, member: 131993"]I take my metformin at 7am and 7pm religiously. I even have an app on my phone that nags me until I do.

Hi. Can I ask what app you use. I need a reminder also as I always forget to take them.

Thanks
MediSafe. You can set it for up to four times a day. Put in what medication your on and the time your supposed to take it. The app then hounds you until you take it lol

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
have you had a carb binge or started low carb? day 5 can do that, are you getting enough fats, a bit more salt ..some more protein will help for a few days [turns to glucose]
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm
I didn't have mY metformin and the only thing I could have for breakfast was Quakers oats with milk. Higher carbs than I've been having for 12 weeks. I try to keep breakfast and lunch below 25 carbs each. Dinner maybe more.

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe I'm just coming down with something and blaming my missed medication on it.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ohhh..it was the breakfast carb that did you in...missing a metformin is no big deal, that take 3 weeks to work and probably a week to stop working. if they are slow release you can take the missed dose, they only need to be taken once a day, I take 2g in one hit of SR

edit, it could be coming down with something, I really think it's no missing a metformin