Bamboo Socks

John987

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had my feet checked out last week and overall they were quite good, however apart from the varies creams and lotions to apply daily he suggested bamboo socks.. So not knowing much about them and also wondering if they really exist or was he making a cheap joke I bought half a dozen pairs (have not yet arrived) anyway question is Has anybody used them and what benefits have they given?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @John987, I have some socks made from bamboo. I live in a hot summer (up to 40 degree C) and cool winter (usually above 0 degrees C). I also wear socks of cotton and elastane/wool but not outright synthetics (too sweaty) in summer and jot warm in winter). I find not difference between the bamboo and the other types of sock I wear.
I tend to wear hiking boots for walking and wear two sock on each foot, the inner of wool/elastane ,the outer of cotton. That way any friction tends to be distributed between the sock layers rather just between my skin and the inner lining of the boots.

I was wearing them for a plenty of time. At first I was trying to convince myself they're better, more organic (like really?) than other socks, I read an article about bamboo materials for clothes and was pretty impressed. But now I feel they are mostly overhyped

Last edited by a moderator:

albertwilson

OMG yes! I love them, have every single one, even that help me with treatment of my feet. I believe that socks are an essential part of every person. I always look at socks to determine either person is good or no.

Glen1144

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wearing them for a plenty of time. At first I was trying to convince myself they're better, more organic (like really?) than other socks, I read an article on writingpeak about bamboo materials for clothes and was pretty impressed. But now I feel they are mostly overhyped
I was wearing them for a plenty of time. At first I was trying to convince myself they're better, more organic (like really?) than other socks, I read an article on writingpeak about bamboo materials for clothes and was pretty impressed. But now I feel they are mostly overhyped
Hello Crystal, my name is Glen. I'm T1 diabetic.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Do they sprout leaves in the wash??

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I bought 12 pairs from Amazon and they're great - warm, soft, comfortable. What more could you ask?

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Do they attract Pandas !