Ban called for chocolate price promotions in bid to curb obesity

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re the aborigines but this time sugary soft drinks, if it is of interest take a peak at film That Sugar Film part of which is all about how an aborigine community tried, and partially succeeded, in getting the harmful foods out of their stores in order to tackle the horrific rates of diabetes The film maker also goes to a poor part of the U.S. to see the blackened teeth of kids who drink Mountain Dew practically from birth and presumably go on to get diabetes down the line.
My point is that you are short of cash it makes economic sense to buy in bulk and the food manufacturers want you to buy lots of cheap to produce sugary junk which is addicting and chronically unhealthy if, like a majority of us, you are prone to metabolic disease like diabetes. If we have a fault in our biology which causes us to get fat or diabetic or both, then the current food environment is certainly enabling that problem and leaving it to the individual to fix their own 'gluttony and sloth aka eating less and moving more' or 'education' does not seem to be working.
I would love to have more of a nanny state if it meant less of my tax being spent on treating diseases which are mainly preventable and find the current debate about the NHS really frustrating because public health and preventative measures barely get a mention. So any plan that keeps up the momentum to get food manufacturers to behave better is fine by me.
(Filmmaker Damon Gameau puts himself on a high-sugar diet for 60 days and gets a bitter taste of the health problems it can bring.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Sugar-Film-Damon-Gameau/dp/B010TVUGM6)
One man's journey to discover the bitter truth about sugar. Actor Damon Gameau (Underbelly) embarks on a unique experiment to document the effects of a high sugar diet on a healthy body, consuming only foods that are commonly perceived as 'healthy' but which are in fact laden with hidden sugars - eg low-fat yoghurt, ...