Bananas

diamonddamaris

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw this article about bananas which you might find interesting.
IMG_1687878626.462699.jpg

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep, the main reason I don't eat bananas anymore, my sugar level rockets far faster than my fiasp can deal with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Mo R and Hopeful34

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I eat bananas when I’m going to thE gym , it’s taken a bit of “ experimentation like with a lot of foods but I manage to take them without my sugars getting out of range , I treat bananas similar to pasta they definitely raise my sugar but doesn’t stop me eating them mainly cos I love them ,

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I was diagnosed with T2 I used to eat q banana a day for its potassium content to help avoid the very bad leg cramps caused by the diuretics I was taking. After diagnosis I immediately cut right down on all high carb foods.and bananas ended up as one of my "forbidden fruits" due to their very high sugar content, and I've not eaten them for well over nine years now... But low carb food provides me with some excellent alternative sources of potassium instead.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on a heart medication that is hyperkalemic, which means that my normally low potassium blood levels have shot up to danger level, and I have to follow a low potassium diet. Bananas are currently off my menu, along with peanut butter, and many other treat foods. I am probbly going to end up on Lyxumia to control my med rush.

Optium

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Banana bananas - love em - when low 'bg' allows !
Under ripe (green ones) are lower gi - a better choice for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705_105031_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230705_105031_Google.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Reactions: Poppy'sMum

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Banana bananas - love em - when low 'bg' allows !
Under ripe (green ones) are lower gi - a better choice for me
This study examines nutrient changes as bananas ripen.

Reactions: Optium