BANTING IS THE WAY TO GO

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also I learned yesterday that William Banting was just some fat bloke who went to see Dr. William Harvey about it. Dr. Harvey gave him a diet and he lost so much weight that he wrote a public letter popularising the LCHF diet. Dr. Harvey in his turn learned about it from lectures given by Claud Bernard in Paris who talked about controlling diabetes by diet. Claud Bernard was the clever one and was considered a great scientist and was given a public funeral. He lost a lot of friends by his attitude to vivisection on live animals which he did with gusto.

So he's a lumberjack and he's alright ........................

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to Banting my Diabetes T2 is under control without having to take any medication for the last 3 years Today's Result HbA1c 5.2% in the last 3 years it has never been higher then 5.7% this means I am Non - diabetic thanks to Prof. TIM NOAKES The motto just eat real food
Yep whatever you call it LCHF/Keto/Banting seems to work very well for a whole load of people.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Met with a personal trainer yesterday who gave my low-carb diet a massive thumbs up! The message is getting through, but it's a shame most health professionals are still putting their fingers in their ears and singing la-la-la.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Met with a personal trainer yesterday who gave my low-carb diet a massive thumbs up! The message is getting through, but it's a shame most health professionals are still putting their fingers in their ears and singing la-la-la.

To give them some credit it does go against everything they have been taught and instructed to tell us. I just find it a bit disappointing when someone like the GP I saw, who is the head of the diabetes practice at our surgery, had never even heard of things like Prof Roy Taylor or the Newcastle Diet (I was afraid to mention LCHF in case he had a myocadrial infarction). It seems they are unwilling to learn which in my view is more unforgivable than pushing the old methods.. and don't get me started on statins...

Last edited:

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Ha! I won't get you started on statins - I've turned them down myself twice so far and I'm sure I'll get offered them again even if my cholesterol readings improve at my next HbA1C.

My GP did know of the Newcastle Diet (and said I probably wouldn't want to try it. He's right there!). Now my knowledge of diabetes, LCHF and intermittent fasting is much more extensive, I shall test him next time I see him ;-)

I've nearly finished reading Obesity 101. Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: 13lizanne

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a bad idea.. go to see your GP and give him a diabetes quiz test.. if gets too many wrong try another..

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A friend lent me the Banting pamphlet, and it was pretty inspiring. I'm leaving the claret and roast mutton out of my diet for now, but I'd definitely recommend everyone has a read of Banting at some point.