Basal issues

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I accidentally forgot to inject Tresiba yesterday night. I injected my dose as soon as I got up this morning, it was 6AM. Can I inject Tresiba tonight as usual or what can I do to get back to my regime? I can push myself to stay up until midnight or 1AM tonight but thats my limit here... Is it dangerous to inject Tresiba again before the 24 hours have rolled down?

Hope everyones doing well, thanks in advance. X

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @miszu, As a T1D who has not ben prescribed Tresiba, and not as professional advice or opinion:
Have you contacted your DSN or doctor for advice? They should be your first port of call and in fact most of us have emergency plans worked out in advance usually between patient and DSN for these situations.
And despite any embarrassment you might feel about missing a dose you can be sure your health team will have had calls from other patients about it.
If you look up' insulin profiles of Tresiba' you will see that Tresiba lasts longer than 24 hours. Considering also that overnight one's insulin requirements are usually lowish each day makes the situation seem less worrisome. And you were ? 8 hours late taking Tresiba. It seems best perhaps to keep your Tresiba at daily doses just different time until you can contact your health team for advice and meantime watch BSLs.

Reactions: miszu and Knikki
K

Knikki

With Tresiba you should be OK because it has at least a 42hour effect .

This is from the Tresiba info on their website

How should I take Tresiba®? https://www.tresiba.com/

• Adults - If you miss or are delayed in taking your dose of Tresiba®:
    • Take your dose as soon as you remember, then continue with your regular dosing schedule
    • Make sure there are at least 8 hours between doses

But as @kitedoc rightly points out if your not sure then ALWAYS seek medical advice from DSN or GP.

Reactions: miszu and Juicyj

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @kitedoc and @Knikki. I ll contact my doc asap, for now I ll take my Tresiba normally tonight.

Have a good day everyone X

SimonCrox

Agree - I think the study was called the switch study - folk alternated injecting their insulin degludec )Tresiba) in morning or evening and it worked fine. Hence tresiba degludec is great if you have bothers injecting on time, or are crossing time zones
best wishes

Last edited: