Basal Test

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone

Haven't posted anything on here in a long time but after some advice please! Can anyone give me some info on basal testing please? I'd like to gain better control of my sugars and thought it'd be good to start with a basal test but just wanted a good understanding of what it entails please so I can make sure I do it properly.

I've been using the Libre sensor for the past 4 months and I'm finding it very helpful, but just want to tighten my sugars up if I can!

Thanks in advance :)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you a member of the Type 1 Diabetes UK group on Facebook? If not it might be worth joining as they have files including basal testing etc

It's basically that you don't eat carbs or inject fast acting insulin for different 4 hour time blocks throughout the days so obviously it is a long process, also many find in the absence of carbs that protein etc does impact on their levels as well

xx

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you a member of the Type 1 Diabetes UK group on Facebook? If not it might be worth joining as they have files including basal testing etc

It's basically that you don't eat carbs or inject fast acting insulin for different 4 hour time blocks throughout the days so obviously it is a long process, also many find in the absence of carbs that protein etc does impact on their levels as well

xx

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just requested to join the group so will take a look at the files when my request gets approved.

Does sound like it might be a bit of a long process but it'll be worth it if I can control my sugars better :)

Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the recommendation. I've just requested to join the group so will take a look at the files when my request gets approved.

Does sound like it might be a bit of a long process but it'll be worth it if I can control my sugars better :)
Good luck! Even when you control it better (which obviously I don't know your situation so I cant say your not doing that now, I'm just going from what you've said) there will always be days chucked in with no idea what's going on or why lol, the joys haha xx

Reactions: EllieM

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck! Even when you control it better (which obviously I don't know your situation so I cant say your not doing that now, I'm just going from what you've said) there will always be days chucked in with no idea what's going on or why lol, the joys haha xx

I wouldn't say my control is horrendous (last hba1c was 56/57 I think) but it's always good to try and improve. Oh yes can definitely agree that you get the days chucked in where you feel like pulling your hair out haha! x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone

Haven't posted anything on here in a long time but after some advice please! Can anyone give me some info on basal testing please? I'd like to gain better control of my sugars and thought it'd be good to start with a basal test but just wanted a good understanding of what it entails please so I can make sure I do it properly.

I've been using the Libre sensor for the past 4 months and I'm finding it very helpful, but just want to tighten my sugars up if I can!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi @MelissaC ,

Here is a trusted link explaining basal testing. https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing

Hope this helps.

Reactions: porl69 and MelissaC

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Basal testing is used to fix Basil when Fawlty