Basal Testing

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys - hoping for some advice please - plan on doing a basal test this evening from 16:30 - 22:30 all prepared for it (pending on my bs levels at 16:30 that is) and i wear a freestyle libre sensor. Question is that i normally get to bed at 10:30 pm which is when my basal test will end - I am eager to see exactly how my BS is throughout the night and plan not to bother eating after the test and just running through the night to see my libre readings the following morning. Would this affect the overnight results as it would have been about 11 hours since eating? Or would it be better to test my night readings on another night after having an early evening meal?? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Or would it be better to test my night readings on another night after having an early evening meal?? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

That's what I would do, do a basal test through the night later once you get your evening levels sorted, reason being you may/may not get a liver dump if you fast too long, sure in the book Think Like a Pancreas the author advises against doing a basal check for too long.