1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bathing In The Sea Or Salt Water. Does Libre Cope?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by chaste, Jul 3, 2018.

1. chaste

chaste Type 1 · Member

I'm very happy with the way my libre sensors have always handled the whitewater kayaking that I put it through month by month. I've also bathed in the sea without problems and never given it a thought until now.... the Libre FAQ's say 'untested in sea water'

So, salt water being highly corrosive what is your experience?

Have you ever had a sensor fail in the salty environment, maybe a few days later?

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I regularly swim in salt water and never had a problem. Although I do cover the sensor but that's more a precaution against door post and curious cats (yes, mine has pried one from my arm while I slept), and it still gets wet.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook