Batteries in Accu-Check Aviva Expert

gardenfairy

Is anyone else with one of these meters having to replace the batteries very frequently in their meter? I seem to be replacing them every few weeks at the moment? I don't keep it in a case, just loose in my bag, but dont think it is being left 'on'.. :roll:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi gardenfairy .
I have and use an Accu-Check Aviva Nano meter tester.
The batteries go on this after about 10months - I ring roche up
request new batteries , record books , control solution etc...
Recieve these 3-5 days later in the post .
You could try ringing roche customer services up and ask
them if there 'is' a switch off function key to your Expert Meter.
Plus request more batteries and explain how often it is needing
new batteries.
If it is unusual they may issue another one whilst your old one gets checked?
To be replacing them every few weeks does seem a lot .
Hope this helps you.

Anna.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
gardenfairy said:
Is anyone else with one of these meters having to replace the batteries very frequently in their meter? I seem to be replacing them every few weeks at the moment? I don't keep it in a case, just loose in my bag, but dont think it is being left 'on'.. :roll:

Hi gardenfairy

I have the same meter. I have had mine since June? and I have only changed the batteries once. I do keep mine in its case, as I dont want it getting damaged or accidently pressed on, by mistake.

Best wishes RRB

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Hi, I am also having the same problem with my Accu-Check Aviva. The batteries last for a few weeks and then without warning they run out. I have only used the lithium batteries ordered from Accu-Check and wonder if this is the problem. This is the second meter I have used from them since starting on the pump 2 years ago. It drives me bonkers as it usually happens when I am out and about and having to change batteries is a big nusiance. Not sure whether to contact them or if its just the way it is. Please update if you get a response from Roche. :D