Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just a few points. The dietician (at 18 mins) could stand to lose a few pounds and the same goes for the GP and Dr. Haboubi (sp). Dr. Haboubi is working to the script (and his comment on sustaining and maintaining made me wince) and the dietician states that numbers are not rising as they once were. But my concern is the gentleman who works long hours etc and seems to be convinced that his weight management team's scientific approach will work for him. He will no doubt lose weight and might be one of the lucky few who manages to keep the excess weight off and I hope he does but I can't help feeling that he is doomed to failure.
How can the GP say that LCHF is ok for three weeks but no longer? How can Haboubi honestly put forward that (in essence) carbs are necessary for life?
Yes, Big Food has a lot to answer for but so do HCPs because theirs is the first point of access for those struggling with weight related issues.

Reactions: Zilsniggy

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dr. Haboubi is working to the script (and his comment on sustaining and maintaining made me wince)

Me too, I seriously question his credentials! It would appear once Big Food and Big Pharma get on board that science and reason fly out of the window. I feel sorry for his patients.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find that MOST of the diet type programmes still promote the eat less fat message because the mainstream hcps believe that fat is bad for you and fattening and are just stuck in that paradigm. But we do occasionally get glimmers of hope like this or more recently, Sugar Free Farm in which the dieticien emphasised real food and sang the praises of butter! I think the Doctor in the House guy (Dr. Ronan Chatterjee)11 is a Beeb example of someone bravely trying an alternative dietary approach (low carb and not low fat for a diabetic).
Big Food and Big Pharma do have an interest in getting us sick and then treating the symptoms but have been enabled by the terrible nutritional science so its hard to blame them for dong what their shareholders want them to do. We need better science and less simplistic public health messages.