BBQ and Night Out

cara147m

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since I have started being very good with my sugars - I have been quite in control of when I eat and drink etc. Today I am going to my first BBQ of the 'summer' and night out - woohoo!! This is very exciting as I have 2 very young girls so it's a rarity :) but ……… 1) with the food - shall I just eat the meat/veg/fruit etc and then have my carb portion at normal time or graze and have lots of boluses?!?! I don't have a snazzy monitor yet to figure out my overlaps etc. 2) Drinking - we are going to a cocktail bar - I am going to avoid all the cocktails to save me the energy of figuring out more doses - but worried that the bars will serve me none diet stuff!!

Before I would just go for the night out and sort it out in the morning - naughty me

Any advice would be appreciated :) I want to be in control of my diabetes but still enjoy a night out and not be a hermit :)

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
My only advice is, have fun

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Insist on diet drink in a bottle as with the mixer drinks you always risk getting non diet. Stick to spirits or dry white wine.

I'm off to a barbecue today with my two young girls too. Enjoy!

Reactions: 5 people

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I admire your discipline, I don't think how I handle it would be great advice, enjoy :)

Reactions: 2 people