'Bed time exercise' and sugar levels

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys
Sorry if this is to much info just feeling very shaken.
Last night i had a high reading of 14.4 just before bed, i took 3 units of Novarapid as i had already had my background insulin at tea, i then went to bed and had some 'exercise' for the first time since daughter was born and diagnosis, afterwords i was very shakey and to begin with put it down to the exercise but checked my sugar levels when i came down for a drink and had a reading of 3.0.
Is this normal to have such a sudden drop because of it? it has left me worrying about next time. I really dont like the idea of planning for it but dont want to feel like i did last night.
Once again sorry if it to much info, any advice would be appreciated
Jess

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a common experience for me. My husband saw the link before I did!! He's now used to making a sandwich for 'post bedtime exercise' low sugar levels. Hypos are never nice, but you can't let them get in the way of normal life, can you? Be prepared, it's no different for this than for anything else you choose to do: have your Dextrosols or cartons of long-life orange juice handy!

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lizdeluz said:
This is a common experience for me. My husband saw the link before I did!! He's now used to making a sandwich for 'post bedtime exercise' low sugar levels. Hypos are never nice, but you can't let them get in the way of normal life, can you? Be prepared, it's no different for this than for anything else you choose to do: have your Dextrosols or cartons of long-life orange juice handy!

Thanks Lizdeluz,
I suppose it is just another down side to diabetes :( will just have to get used to them or be less 'active'. with being so high before hand i really didn't expect to be so low after. being diabetic sucks big time

bethan90

How long after your tea time insulin did you test your blood sugar and it was 14? It is high but it sounds as tho maybe your tea time insulin was still active so with a correction dose on top it dropped you in to a hypo. I always have a bottle of lucozade at the bedside for sips when needed :)

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi bethan90,
I had my teatime at 6pm and went to bed at 11 so the insulin should of gone past its peak and be wearing off.
I have told my better half exercise is no off the books :twisted: he took that bad :lol:

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
I guess that bed time exercise is the same as any other when it comes to "working out"

not that I remember :roll: