Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A
I was lucky a whole load of us were trained to use them at Farnbrough hospital in Kent. But I loved it, when I first started it, but things move on I was offered a cell transplant and came back with can't I try a pump, I am now on a pump but visit a different hosp, due to funding in my area. But I would not give it back I have the odd blip, and I've been told of by my DSN as I want my numbers perfect. But it's changed my life so much. In the few months I've had it.

Correction; i got the pen in 91.. I remember a dancer sitting on it by mistake.. lol
I've been looking into the "Omnipod".. A great device. The bass player in one of the bands i'm in has one..
Though i'm still on the pen, my recent scans are still good & i have no issues or "complications"..
I don't even think they would see me as a candidate for the pump??

Reactions: 2 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
When I got married, a friend of my new husband, saw my pen in his pocket and went great, you've found my pen and hubby went no it's my wife's (Julie's) and he was like oh, your diabetic and I'm saying yes I am. I've heard pumps can be given to others, you just need to ask, weather you could. I love mine, it's so easy and I love the fact that I change every 3 days.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't agree with this advice and I don't even think it's the right advice for the OP, let alone in general for T1s. If you are having overnight lows you need to lower overnight insulin, not raise overnight carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
For safety's sake, I want to have the absolute bare minimum of insulin operative within me overnight.

Accordingly, I take the absolute bare minimum of overnight insulin. (The fast-acting insulin I took ealier in the day is all but exhausted by bedtime.)

And accordingly again, I eat less and less as the evening progresses, testing my blood sugar as I go. For I don't want to wake with a morning high.