1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bedtime Snacks

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Diabetes Yoyo, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

A
    Correction; i got the pen in 91.. I remember a dancer sitting on it by mistake.. lol
    I've been looking into the "Omnipod".. A great device. The bass player in one of the bands i'm in has one..
    Though i'm still on the pen, my recent scans are still good & i have no issues or "complications"..
    I don't even think they would see me as a candidate for the pump??

• Like Like x 2
  2. Julie1471

Julie1471 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

When I got married, a friend of my new husband, saw my pen in his pocket and went great, you've found my pen and hubby went no it's my wife's (Julie's) and he was like oh, your diabetic and I'm saying yes I am. I've heard pumps can be given to others, you just need to ask, weather you could. I love mine, it's so easy and I love the fact that I change every 3 days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spiker

Spiker Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this advice and I don't even think it's the right advice for the OP, let alone in general for T1s. If you are having overnight lows you need to lower overnight insulin, not raise overnight carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 3
  4. michaeldavid

michaeldavid Type 1 · Well-Known Member

For safety's sake, I want to have the absolute bare minimum of insulin operative within me overnight.

Accordingly, I take the absolute bare minimum of overnight insulin. (The fast-acting insulin I took ealier in the day is all but exhausted by bedtime.)

And accordingly again, I eat less and less as the evening progresses, testing my blood sugar as I go. For I don't want to wake with a morning high.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook