Beef Gelatin/Collagen Hydrolysate

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone here take this supplement? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel? Look? Weight loss?

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
Does anyone here take this supplement? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel? Look? Weight loss?
No, but I've heard it's good for arthritis, but have no experience.

Reactions: 2 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks!
I don't have arthritis, but Mr. Vintage does. He has abused his body playing hard sports since he was a young thing and now he pays for it on occasion.

I am going to try it for weight loss (and vanity) benefits. I was just curious if anyone else has had any success with it.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I looked for info on a website that I trust and couldn't find the exact same product but I found this one which is similar
http://examine.com/supplements/Type+II+Collagen/

There doesn't seem to be any concern about safety but at the same time there isn't any good evidence of effectiveness in helping with weight loss. But there's no harm in trying if you want to. Please let us know if you notice an effect :)