been a hell of a year

kerryb

Hi everyone..I hope someone can help me - even if it just to tell me things are going to be ok!

I had a rough year last year - after being perfectly healthy my whole life, I went to my GP feeling tired, emotional etc (the usual) and dicovered I was diabetic - orignally told I was type 2. Fast forward 6 months later and I have had to have a huge (thankfully benign) tumour removed from my liver (worst ever surgery) and been rediagnosed as Type 1..no medical professional can tell me how/what/why the tumour grew...though they have hinted that it may have damaged my pancreas...and so, diabetic.

Who knows?

Anyway, after dealing with it all and feeling ok, honeymooning with blood glucose levels and coping alright with the insulin etc, I am starting to flatline. I control things well most of the time, but somethimes I get so frustrated and annoyed and generally want to give up. I know I need to get a grip on things, but I am struggling....is this normal? Please tell me something will click in my brain and it'll all be ok???! :?

I get married in two weeks (stress also not helping), have a stressfull job with a boss who still goes on about all the time I took off for surgery..even though I was back at work 6 weeks before I should have been.

sorry everyone...but sometimes I want to scream!!

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there

This is perfectly normal, especially given the horrid time you have had. We all have slumps and given that you have a wedding coming up your emotions must be all over the place.

I have only been at this for just over a year and am alright most of the time but will have a day where my BG's go wonky or I will have a " I will just have a little bit it won't hurt" moment and I am sure that those who have been at this a long time will say the same.

Just try to see this as coming out the other side - I felt awful for months before diagnosis (not as extreme as yours but still pretty yucky) and I have to say that I feel better now than I have for a long time.

Hope all goes well for your wedding - that is the main thing to concentrate on now. Just ignore your boss and try to not wish too many evil things upon him remember what goes around, comes around!

Bear in mind though any time you want to scream you are always welcome to on here!

Take care

Louise

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome,
sorry to hear youre having a bad time ,i think we all feel something like that at one time or another, we are here if u need to let off steam :D

mmurch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just had the first week without hypos for ages. With the help of the DSN and the pump I've had really stable readings. long may it last.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I have had a similar bad year not too long ago. Everything seems to just start piling up and it's hard to know where you are going wrong. The last stage of my horrific year was my 8 month old becoming diabetic. We are nearly at our 2 year diabetic anniversary and although we have had some rough times the majority goes reasonably smoothly. When things go haywire for a short time I tend to just shrug my shoulders and keep going. We can't be perfect all the time. When things aren't going well over a longer time I start to worry and it can be a battle to get back on track.

I wish you all the best staying on track and hope you have a wonderful wedding with some jellybeans tucked in somewhere in case it's not just the nerves making you weak at the knees.

Your boss needs a kick in the teeth for not realising you have had a rough time. Your health is more important than anything and I hope you never feel guilty for the time you have had off or need in the future.

Cheers Jen.