Been approved for Freestyle Libre!

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I just wanted to do a quick post to say I’ve just got my first freestyle libre sensor sent after being approved! I was so excited to get started with it and it seems amazing so far.

I’m just trying to work out a couple of things. Basically I used to put my phone on Airplane mode overnight to avoid being woken by texts.. I’m guessing I can’t do this now as it won’t have the Bluetooth connected for the low glucose alarms?
If so, do you know what I can do that would be similar to airplane mode that works with the alarms?

Also if anyone has any other tips or tricks they can recommend I’d love to hear!

Thanks for reading :)
Jessica

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take it you're getting the Libre 2, the original Libre, which I'm currently trialling needs you to scan with your phone.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I just wanted to do a quick post to say I’ve just got my first freestyle libre sensor sent after being approved! I was so excited to get started with it and it seems amazing so far.

I’m just trying to work out a couple of things. Basically I used to put my phone on Airplane mode overnight to avoid being woken by texts.. I’m guessing I can’t do this now as it won’t have the Bluetooth connected for the low glucose alarms?
If so, do you know what I can do that would be similar to airplane mode that works with the alarms?

Also if anyone has any other tips or tricks they can recommend I’d love to hear!

Jessica

Hi,

I got funding approval a month or so back from the endo after years of self funding..
You could either try just turning the message alerts off for texts & wot not or putting it in airplane mode & turn the Bluetooth back on?? Seems to work on my device..

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Hi all,

Jessica
if you have libre 2 then yo are correct you need the bluetooth on..

however most modern phones have a 'do not disturb' mode that leave everything on but silences the phone

depending on hope abbott coded the app depends whether you will get alerts when the hone is in do not disturb.. i don't have libre 2 so can't test..

failing that you could just turn off cellular access and wifi so you get no calls/texts/emails etc

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I turn my airplane mode on which stops all messages via mobile data and wifi and then turn on Bluetooth which is all that Libre needs.

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s helpful, thanks everyone for your suggestions. I tried do not disturb last night and that seemed to work well. I hadn’t thought about airplane mode with Bluetooth on, that’s a good idea! Thanks again. Jessica