been moved from metformin to glicazide

coreservers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But seem to be much higher spikes, I've not made a big error and should be taking metformin with glickazide?

was on 4 500mg metformin daily, now on only 1 cglicazide. but not feeling nearly as good.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was moved on to gliclazide, but maintained the 3000 mg metformin a day. My BS took a tumble straight away, I still get peaks above what I like and its now a question of identifying what's causing the peaks. I also get lows, these aare down to irregular meal patterns which I am tryin to work on.

coreservers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
they seem to have taken me off, as metformin has been removed from prescription. but I've spiked at 18!! and low at 4. also affecting sleep patterns. going to move to an almost 0 carb diet, but maintaining the fibre. and I do need to lose 3.5 stone.

need to talk to them again I think

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like pav, I had gliclazide added to my metformin as I was concerned my levels were too high.

Did you have stomach problems with the metformin? This could be a reason to be taken off it.

Gliclazide isn't normally prescribed to overweight people unless they can't tolerate other meds.