Been Type since Mar 2016, BS up and down

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am new to forum.

I was diagnosed with type 2 2 years back. It started with 51 mmolmol , dropped back to 46 and then to 44. Recent test in march showed it back up to 50 mmol/

I am now confused as my life style has been healthy and I try to limit my carb, do exercise, play sports, run.

My nurse said that the elevated levels are coming from January blood and it could be because i was in India and ate a lot of sugar/carb heavy food ( on holiday). She said I can have metformin and I refused. I want to manage/reverse using diat only. I have ordered home blood sugar monitor and will start a regime to eat low carb and monitor regularly.

What advise/suggestion you all have to try and keep BS low and could It be kept below diabetic levels all the time if I stay strict with diet?

thanks in advance and I feel better by writing this as I was very confused and down after the latest results.

N

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isn't India a fabulous place?

I would start with a food diary, record portion size as well.

Are you using a meter to test your BG? If not get one, choose one with the cheaper strips.

Keep your results on a spreadsheet. I also use mySugr app on my phone. After a week you should have enough data to give you an estimated HbA1c number. I find it very motivating.

Test as soon as you get up in the morning. Test before you eat then 2 hours after the first bite. Test again before bed.

It sounds like a lot but it isn't forever.

The app will let you record exercise, food you eat, numbers for carbs consumed.

With this information you can get better control. You should be see what you can tweak to gain control.

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for your kind words and yes it is fantastic to go india.

I have ordered a blood sugar kit now and will be checking daily. Also downloaded mysugr.

I just need to see how i can stick to low carb diet and how low carb it should be considering indian diet is generally carb heavy.

Reactions: Alison Campbell