1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Beer query

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Craigmartin, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Allexandro

Allexandro Prediabetes · Newbie

Try Asda. I’ve been getting it from there in the last couple of months

2. JeanieMcC

JeanieMcC · Newbie

3. DavidHannay

DavidHannay · Member

I had a couple of glasses of red wine last night with a low carb meal - ended up with a bs figure of 3.2 overnight! Clearly can’t combine the two.

4. TraceyD123

TraceyD123 Type 1 · Member

Amazon also sell it so definitely worth a look

5. Maffoo

Maffoo · Newbie

Have you tried 'Skinny'? Apparently brewed in Cheshire anf I've seen it in shops in Stafford

6. Craigmartin

Craigmartin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That seems to be scarce at present also?
    Not tried it before but hopefully will.

7. Craigmartin

Went on a mission today. Found 6 loose cans in a Co-op. Nothing in Tescos Asda or Morrison's then struck gold at the large Sainsburys. 4 × 4 pack bottles which cleared them out They did however have the Amstel 66 bottles which whilst bit less alcohol are even lower carb, plenty of these in stock so will be interested to taste these. Seems like a lot of effort for a few beers but worth it imo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gryph

Gryph Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You can order from them direct, DPD next day delivery available: https://www.skinnybooze.co.uk/colle...s/skinnybrands-lager-cans?variant=19189876165

Not quite as good as Michelob Ultra on the carbs, but marginal difference personally on the blood levels. Good flavour too.

Also, Crement can be a good alternative for a cold sparkling drink low carb alcoholic drink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Looks like your cat has already had enough beer.

10. Craigmartin

Ha :) . He's asleep all day then full of it on a night. 16 now but still my best mate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Craigmartin

Seems things are looking up? Back in stock Asda!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buzzer81

Buzzer81 · Well-Known Member

I tried drinking Coors light..... well 4 cans of it. Then forgot to check my blood but was ok the next day. I mean the taste isn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible. Has anyone else tried it and does it effect anyone badly? I may try it again this weekend :)

13. Craigmartin

Coors light is a decent enough lager and relatively low carb and calorie. Ice cold in this weather a beer is a real treat Just find the Michelob beats it and Bud light on taste. In my opinion if you are only having a few beers then its not going to do you much harm and i intend to enjoy a couple of draught Guinness asap. I am wary of drinking in excess after reading warnings but i did have a decent sup on VE day and tested the morning after and my reading was a little lower than day before or after so didn't trouble me much.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook