Being injected with steroids!

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ladies,

So I had my 34 week scan and he's measuring 6.6lb already! So he's a bit on the chunky side.

I'm struggling so much with my sugars lately no matter what I eat they shoot up!

Iv got to go into hospital tomorrow to have steroids injected to mature his lungs. The Dr said this is just a precaution incase he needs to he delivered early! Has anyone been in a similar situation and when was your little Bundles delivered?

I'm worried in another 2 weeks he'll be 8lb or more! How big will they let him get?

Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't have steroids, but I wanted to wish you luck and say that I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

When I was in hospital having my baby, a couple of women had to have steroid injections and they were fine. However, they will probably mane your blood sugar high temporarily. My consultant warned me about that in case I had to have them.

However, anything that helps baby's lungs is good. My son had some respiratory distress and he was born at 37 weeks. I believe it's more common in babies of ladies with diabetes. Just one of those things.

Take care and don't worry too much. It sounds like your team are totally on the ball and looking after you and baby. X

Lolli24

I had steroids at 35 weeks and had her a week later at 36+1 via emergency c section. It really stings but helped my little one loads. She was 6.2 @ 35 weeks.

My sugars were high towards the end and I struggled to get them down. It gets harder the further in the pregnancy you to control them! How are you getting on now?

Good luck xx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

Our doctor failed to mention I'd be staying in hospital for 2 days so they could monitor me!! My little chunk is already 6.6lb at 34 weeks!

The steroids were horrible!!! But glad Iv had them done

Although I'm on a pump I'm really struggling to get my sugar levels down! My body's so resistant to the insulin now it's so annoying!!

Was your little one in nicu when they were born?

Xx

Lolli24

Mine was in SCBU for 5 days. She only needed help with her breathing for 8 hours though and 2 days of that 5 were under the light to treat her jaundice!xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Ladies,

So I had my 34 week scan and he's measuring 6.6lb already! So he's a bit on the chunky side.

I'm struggling so much with my sugars lately no matter what I eat they shoot up!

Iv got to go into hospital tomorrow to have steroids injected to mature his lungs. The Dr said this is just a precaution incase he needs to he delivered early! Has anyone been in a similar situation and when was your little Bundles delivered?

I'm worried in another 2 weeks he'll be 8lb or more! How big will they let him get?

Xxx

Hi I had steroid injection at 33 weeks not as a precaution, but as a necessity ( baby was born then) it was injected into my leg to mature her lungs, I must warn you, it was painful, but absolutely necessary. Good luck and all the very best for a safe and healthy delivery X my baby was 4, 1/2 lb, but looked even tinier :dummy1: