Being Made Homeless, Stress Making Diabetes Unstable, no system to help.

deannatrois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We have been referred to Early Learning (for my younger son - he was refusing school) and early intervention (because my older son is having hallucinations). Early Learning is mainly dealing with education issues, my younger son was back at school by the time she came round. But oh dear, she asked if there were issues outside school going on, told her about the housing issues and she just said I needed to find private housing (in three years have yet to find a LL who will take a benefit tenant, and not good for any of us to face moving every 6 months to a year). Told her if we move out of borough will lose all services but she literally just shrugged her shoulders.

On the good side, my diabetes is now just insulin resistant, not sensitive so whole family feels a lot better as not been having hypos. Did have one this morning but can cope with that. Got an appointment with diabetologist on 8th October.

Every single person I have spoken to says there's nothing that can be done about the housing issues until I get a possession order (council said Bailiff's order and that is born out by what happened to people in similar situation down the street). No idea how I'm going to move with two weeks to do it in (or two days if council leaves it til last minute). But seems to be nothing I can do so trying to not think about it.

Last edited by a moderator: