Type 2 Being treated for heart failure and have type 2 - will medicine affect BG level

Peterseaford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi just New at this - aged 79 - 5’6 male and weigh 100.4k HBA1C 6.9
Take a heap of pills - bicor,digoxin,eliquis,Lasix,potassium,asmol,Anor,nasonex,loratadine,magnetism ,rosuzet composite pack and multi vitamin

I have read all the side affects but cannot find what affect they have on BG

This morning my reading was 8.2. - before dinner it was 4.2 and after two hours is 6.1

We try to follow the lchf way of eating but slip up now and then but must lose weight as I am possibly being fitted with a defribulator soon

Would really value your experiences with these medications

Kind regards

Peter

Reactions: Freema

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

I am afraid I am not familiar with any of those meds, so can't offer anything specific - although hopefully someone will be along with some relevant experience.

In the meantime, I suggest that you have a look at this link.
https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
You can enter in your various medications and the website will list possible contraindications.
- only please remember that they are possible, not definite. Not everyone gets drug interactions/contraindications, and many people get none at all. It may be useful if one pops up, to be able to understand, and discuss it with your doc.

Reactions: Peterseaford

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Peter, does your GP think 6.9 is bad for a 79 year old? Can you tell us your average day's food (I know the lchf experts like to know this), the reason I ask is that I find it hard to keep weight on whilst following it, once you take out all the empty carbs there's not much left to overeat on! Unless of course you're eating a whole pig and a ton of cheese etc.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just New at this - aged 79 - 5’6 male and weigh 100.4k HBA1C 6.9
Take a heap of pills - bicor,digoxin,eliquis,Lasix,potassium,asmol,Anor,nasonex,loratadine,magnetism ,rosuzet composite pack and multi vitamin

I have read all the side affects but cannot find what affect they have on BG

This morning my reading was 8.2. - before dinner it was 4.2 and after two hours is 6.1

We try to follow the lchf way of eating but slip up now and then but must lose weight as I am possibly being fitted with a defribulator soon

Would really value your experiences with these medications

Kind regards

Peter

Have a look at this

https://www.diabetesselfmanagement....ement/drugs-that-can-worsen-diabetes-control/

poots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There’s a chance it may, it would be best to call up your doctor to double check. If they’re closed you can try calling your pharmacy and asking the pharmacist there if it does.

D

Deleted member 308541

I take two or three of the heart meds you have there, Digoxin and Bisoprolol (Bicor). Rosuzet could be another name for Crestor (Rosuvastatin) which I take.

I take a shed load of other medication as per my signature, and have managed to keep my levels down. It took awhile to do though.

The pills do not raise my levels at all really, only when I eat something I should not have then it goes up.