Bell’s Palsy & Type 2, advice please

Bellebo

Hi there
My mum, a type 2 diabetic had bells palsy once. We were really worried that it w a a stroke initially, but thank goodness it wasn't.. we managed to get her to the gp that day. She had steroids, eye drops, etc.
Gp said as she went in straight away recovery would be quick
She was pretty much back to normal writing a few weeks
Well done to your mum for getting seen
Hope she recovers soon
Thank you, I’m glad your mum recovered well. I’m worried that the fact my mum delayed going to doctors and so didn’t start the steroids within 72 hours might affect her recovery rate but just have to wait and see

Bellebo

Had she had the covid vax? its a fairly often reported adverse effect.
Had she had the covid vax? its a fairly often reported adverse effect.
No she’s not had it yet (typically she got her invitation letter just a couple of days after starting the steroids and cannot have vaccines whilst taking them, although the course of steroids is only for a couple more days I think)

Bellebo

I developed Bell's palsy during the first lockdown - my GP was very annoyed that I hadn't called immediately as treatment for stroke works better if started straight away. He did several tests to make sure it was not a stroke.

Luckily mine was BP not a stroke so no treatment just time. Some sites recommend exercise but it may be that done too soon it can make it worse. If she does want to exercise make sure you are using a good physio site (ie someone with real qualifications for treating BP)
Evidence that exercises help at all is very limited: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7136559/

I only had a mild attack, and it has mostly resolved now, just a bit of drooping when I'm tired.

Hello I’m pleased yours is mostly resolved now, can you remember how long it took before you started seeing improvements? I’ve read that too that the facial exercises shouldnt be done too early on in the BP, i’ll have a read, thank you