Benefits & diabetes

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
This is what concerns me I'm on higher mobility & lower care both indefinitely I must say I'm worried

sram78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is what concerns me I'm on higher mobility & lower care both indefinitely I must say I'm worried
the cab will fill forms in with you view know how to do it well, I didn't do that thought I could do it on own, lost my mobility car and everything so get the help and make sure you appeal if the outcome isn't what you wanted

Reactions: 2 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I've already made my mind up I'll go all the way to tribunal I actually had to retire on ill health 20yrs ago at 36yrs of age and I get an Nhs pension

sram78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
get as much medical letters and diagnosis to back your claim up and you should be fine

Reactions: 2 people

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Will do thanks very much

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Yes I am concerned about switching my Dla onto the new benefit I've always had trouble with these things
Don't do anything until they send the forms through sit tight. Everyone below pension age will be reassessed. Many are losing their mobility cars though when swopped over so don't rattle any cages until you are asked to fill in the forms. Make sure you get help from CAB to do so and do your homework well in advance. IE photo copy all letters from consultants ask GP for a letter. The people doing the assessments will not do this, the onus is on you.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I can write from recent experience but only as a recent person claiming PIP.
I am not terminal cancer or terminal disease but I did not actually have to undergo any face to face interview or medical and my claim was accepted from my Consultant and GP letters and my detailed form completing.
It can be extremely hard to complete and it can depend upon the "agency" that is making the decisions.

Thanks for the interesting info DD. I believe you have had a non terminal cancer diagnosis ( thankfully x), I wonder if just the word itself means bypassing the usual medical? I was asked to apply in 2014 - just couldn't face it. I think you'll agree the importance of having up to date medical letters when the claim is submitted?