Berberine if not Metformin

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As the subject presents, has anyone had issues with metformin and was subsequently put on berberine?
how is your experience with it?
Do you find that beside regulating Glucose levels it affects positively your insulin levels (for those who had a chance of having those tested, unfortunately, my GP didn't even know that testing for insulin, besides glucose, was a thing)
I have good reason to suspect Hyperinsulinaemia but no one is listening because especially after going low carb my glucose / hba1c look normal, so if Berberine could be a way to try and rein in Insulin I am considering start testing with it, but any information on personal experience you might have had would be of incredible help to me, thank you

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have prediabetes then you have hyperinsulinemia as certain as tomorrow the sun will rise. No surprise that your doctor doesn’t understand insulin. Very few seem to.

I know that's driving me INSANE. I've been in talks with Thriva and Medichecks to do the insulin fasting test mysel and raise awareness via a video but besides that I need something to help me out cause if even 6 years of Keto haven't helped me enough to tackle things down I feel really abandoned