Best Apps?

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use myfitnesspal alongside endomondo to log food and exercise, MFP has a huge database and tots up carbs. I use onetouch on my phone to record meter readings.

Ali
i was quite impressed to start with, but found it irritating that there is no option for meal "total carb" display for bolus calcs (yes i know it is not a D app but it would make it awesome) and many foods have no carbs or incorrect carbs, so you need to check everything and add to my foods/meals. (some people add food but dont care about that).

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm also a mySugr fan, found it massively helpful as it's an app that makes me want to use it. I paid to upgrade it to the Pro version after winning a trial and so glad I did, as that gives you the search function meaning you can search through previous meals, it takes you to that day and you can see what happened. As I cook nearly all my meals from scratch working out the carbs can become quite involved. At least now when I get it wrong I can learn for next time!

Reactions: 3 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Should I pay for using carbs & cals ?
I did and don't regret it. Especially now that I've customised it (you can add the things that you want to the 'My Foods' section), it does just what I want it to. And it stores all my meals, so I can go back and match them to BS numbers when I make the effort. (Very lazy, sadly.)

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use diabetes app, found it so useful with my monitoring, but it's personal choice. Just have to try them & see which suits you best..