Best CGM patch experience and recommendations

Mitchsi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I would really appreciate some guidance here, I bought some typeonestyle patches but aren’t impressed at all, they just catch the libre2 adhesive (I didn’t recognise that when buying), my wife bought some that cover the whole sensor which looks reasonable but do not know the brand, they were pretty cheap.
I’m looking at the ‘just not a patch’ brand and they look convincing.
Anyone have good experience with any, particularly if you’re doing energetic sport where there’s a lot of rubbing.

Also any recommendations for a padded / neoprene sleeve for it would be appreciated as well. I’m going to be back to karate soon and I’m sure someone will kick/grab me there at some point.

Many thanks :)

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use kinesiology tape.
I cut a short length (rounding the corners to reduce chance of it peeling off, and making sure the skin there is dry and without sun lotion/moisturiser). I also put a disk of paper the size of the sensor between them to avoid pulling off the sensor when you remove the tape. It's a bit of a fiddle applying it centered and smoothly, particularly if you've got your sensor somewhere inaccessible, and it can be helpful to have someone else help.
Even for multiple extended swimming sessions over a day at the beach I find this keeps it on.
The tape seems pricey per roll, but you get dozens of patches from it, so it works out cheap.

Saunas on the other hand are a different story - I've never successfully kept a sensor on in one. Maybe skin-tac would work? I haven't tried yet.

Pixie dust

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use diabeticsupply.com for mine. Never had an issue with any of their patches or device stickers. They do over patches (cover the whole device) as well as other designs in patterns/pictures and in plain colours. They have videos on how to apply/remove the patches on their website. Mine have always last the full two weeks and withstood any activities, including swimming.