Searley which do you use most of the time please

There is 2 I use most they are both contour next of different types

a85a5b09fe648505a968879c08d86b49.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How many times a day and how do you know if your numbers are good?
I normally test before and after meals, so that is six times a day, my average bgl is around 6.5 over three months.

My latest Hba1c is in my sig which I have managed to reduce since last years test.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The contour next looks good for me. I have just been reading up. Do you need lancets as well as test strips?
Yes, It comes with a lanceing device, but I have been using a Accu_Chek Fastclix lancing device and a six lancet drum.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Yes, It comes with a lanceing device, but I have been using a Accu_Chek Fastclix lancing device and a six lancet drum.

Yeah I still use the fastclix

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I still use the fastclix
I had a multiclix from my first Performa meter that I used for few years, but it ended getting thrown out at some time during a move.

So the fastsclix to the rescue, it was well worth the money.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I had a multiclix from my first Performa meter that I used for few years, but it ended getting thrown out at some time during a move.

So the fastsclix to the rescue, it was well worth the money.

Fastclix uses a slightly smaller needle than the multiclix too it’s one of the most pain free lancets I’ve used

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
There is 2 I use most they are both contour next of different types
thanks for that Searley am going to ask for the next one but as strips are expensive for that meter amd going to need my prayer mat when I ask gp for those strips .Maybe you can answer this please ,are we allowed to change or does the trust have last word on strips .I am on insulin basel bolus so need a meter up to the job

a85a5b09fe648505a968879c08d86b49.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

i chop and change as i like.. i currently have the contour next and accuchek aviva on my prescription

however it depends from trust to trust what they will allow.. even if on insulin

they rank test strips by cost, anything in the lower band anyone can have.. in the upper band there needs to be good reason
for example i need a meter with good memory capacity so the cheaper meters often don't have this

The best way is to justify a meter to you consultant or her DSN, and get them to ask the GP to prescribe, this way the GP doesn't get a say

Reactions: borderter