Type 2 Best lotion for putting on area after Libre sensor removed

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick one. Every time I remove my Libre2 Sensor there’s always the small red mark and black circle of glue.

The small red mark, however, stays red for over a month I’ve found, on both arms.

Anyone know of a lotion/cream that would help speed up the reduction in redness?

Khap Khun

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you have a red mark from your Libre.
This is not something I have ever experienced after years of Libre-ing.
Is it sore or just unsightly?

Not sure about lotions but it could be the way you are removing your sensor.
I know some people just "rip it off" but I was told some time ago that this can remove a few layers of skin so the best approach is to soak it off.
I do this in the shower. I peel a little bit of it back and allow the shower water to penetrate so that it can be removed slowly.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick one. Every time I remove my Libre2 Sensor there’s always the small red mark and black circle of glue.

The small red mark, however, stays red for over a month I’ve found, on both arms.

Anyone know of a lotion/cream that would help speed up the reduction in redness?

Khap Khun

Hi there, I remove mine very carefully but it always leaves the round indentation mark which is red and the surrounding area stays red for a day or two. Sometimes it causes a degree of inflammation there too. I use an antihistamine cream (1%) which calms it down. Dependent upon the mark itself though it could be a normal skin cream might do just fine, maybe sudocrem for example.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi, I use baby oil with a cotton wool pad, works well to remove black marks.

Reactions: Dutchman2016

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I use baby oil with a cotton wool pad, works well to remove black marks.

Hello,

Yes, I use baby oil to take off, but recently the sensor is ready to come off.

For me, it’s more the red marks. I’ve got 6 on right arm and 10 on left and some are 7months old.

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry you have a red mark from your Libre.
This is not something I have ever experienced after years of Libre-ing.
Is it sore or just unsightly?

Not sure about lotions but it could be the way you are removing your sensor.
I know some people just "rip it off" but I was told some time ago that this can remove a few layers of skin so the best approach is to soak it off.
I do this in the shower. I peel a little bit of it back and allow the shower water to penetrate so that it can be removed slowly.

Thanks for your response.

I have used barrier creams and they help, slightly. I have tried Sudocream and other ‘off the shelf’ creams and lotions, but they all don’t help to remove the small red dot that stays for months after.

I’ll ask a Dr

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I remove mine very carefully but it always leaves the round indentation mark which is red and the surrounding area stays red for a day or two. Sometimes it causes a degree of inflammation there too. I use an antihistamine cream (1%) which calms it down. Dependent upon the mark itself though it could be a normal skin cream might do just fine, maybe sudocrem for example.

Thank you. Antihistamine is a good idea. I’ll try that next time.

Reactions: KK123

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hello,

Yes, I use baby oil to take off, but recently the sensor is ready to come off.

For me, it’s more the red marks. I’ve got 6 on right arm and 10 on left and some are 7months old.
Oh dear, that is rubbish. I've been lucky so far. I've no marks from the sensor but some from the omnipod dash pump. Hope the antihistamine cream works for you