Best sounding HEAVY METAL

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My opinion is that you get about ten two and three year olds and give them wooden spoon and a buncha pots and pans to bang on and sit them on the floor together and then listen to what happens.

not joking

Sometimes we get too tied up in rhythmic conventions and we must be taught by children. Out of new sound experiences, new music emerges

I got no idea where you're coming from with this comment. Are you suggesting the genera is "infantile"??

I'll have you know that Jazz & opera has influenced "progressive metal" for years! ;)
Folk music also has certain roots in metal. Need I mention "the blues"...

I would agree though, that a lot of "happy accidents" in a rehearsal room can feed this form of music.
Unlike certain classical trying to emulate "the gods". Metal challenges.. Lol, along with punk!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hubby is a big heavy metal fan and often goes to concerts. He likes Iron Maiden and AC/DC. I kind of quite like Avenged Sevenfold but not sure if that is heavy enough for your tastes.

Is it just heavy metal you like or do you have other varities of music? I think for me I lile rock music say like Def Leppard, Stereophonics, Bon Jovi. I also love Linkin Park (in my opinion I'm too old to go to concerts nowadays so I'm just an armchair listener)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

No, I never thought of the genera as infantile, but rather tired. Also, the shows are not the same as they used to be. Who can do todaysomething like Van Halen in the David Lee Roth era? It is hard to know where the music ends and the show begins. Contrast KISS as a show and a KISS album. Era is gone

And, after a while, the toddlers get proficient enough to make sounds they are pleased with, i.e. they train themselves to do what is on their mind at the moment and then they inspire one another and then they get bored and either quit or try something different.
I don't think there is anything "tired" about current metal.

If you have Ghost, you have everything! :)

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My hubby is a big heavy metal fan and often goes to concerts. He likes Iron Maiden and AC/DC. I kind of quite like Avenged Sevenfold but not sure if that is heavy enough for your tastes.

Is it just heavy metal you like or do you have other varities of music? I think for me I lile rock music say like Def Leppard, Stereophonics, Bon Jovi. I also love Linkin Park (in my opinion I'm too old to go to concerts nowadays so I'm just an armchair listener)
You're never too old to go to a gig. I'm 60 saw deep purple fairly recently and was probably amongst youngest there - apart from Ian Gillan lol.

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I first knew about rock.....the Beatles are one of my favourite bands ever but later on I started liking hard rock and then HEAVY METAL but my tastes very from pop to HEAVY METAL.... But iv got about 40 gigs of music on my desktop PC mainly rock and mixed music oldies and all but I want to be more familiar with GREAT HEAVY METAL.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I first knew about rock.....the Beatles are one of my favourite bands ever but later on I started liking hard rock and then HEAVY METAL but my tastes very from pop to HEAVY METAL.... But iv got about 40 gigs of music on my desktop PC mainly rock and mixed music oldies and all but I want to be more familiar with GREAT HEAVY METAL.

OK?.. Do you like your "metal" with a political message? (Almost like certain punk.) Or are you into the fantasy "escapism"...?
Or maybe.. Dare I say it. (& this is where I generally draw the line. It's just cheese.) "Whitesanakey" stuff that is either a "homage" to "hot women." Or citing a bad relationship with the aforementioned... Lol

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All 3 that you mentioned!! I actually listen to how the music sounds, then I start listening to the lyrics and if They are good and make sense or relate to my life in some way then I even like the song more....

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The tune and beat are most important, the singing is also of importance....yet most HEAVY METAL it's hard to make out what they are singing.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The tune and beat are most important, the singing is also of importance....yet most HEAVY METAL it's hard to make out what they are singing.

Right?.. You mentioned the Beatles... Thinking hard? Check out this band.. They have some of the elements. With a bit of AC/DC thrown in..

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this band but didn't go through all there songs but I will check them out. I listen to the song 'river below' alot.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this band but didn't go through all there songs but I will check them out. I listen to the song 'river below' alot.

I feel,you maybe more rock than metal,orientated... So....? Bassed on your recent posts about women.. Relationships... ;)

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you are correct, Most of my music on my PC is rock. with some of it being METAL. so I want to get more good METAL

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you are correct, Most of my music on my PC is rock. with some of it being METAL. so I want to get more good METAL
"How do you own disorder". Indeed...,

These puppies? Somewhere between the Cardiacs & Dead Kennedy's.....