Besy Blood Monitor suggestions

Ick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've recently had my BG monitor changed from a Freestyle Lite to a Accu-check Performa Nano as my old monitor is apparently being phased out.

However the Accucheck one needs a big drop of blood compared to my old one and needs it all in one go whereas my old machine gave me 30 seconds to get the whole amount in. I'm now wasting a huge number of strips trying to get it right without hurting my fingers too much in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best monitors they've used as I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the Accucheck machine and already starting to check my blood less often as it's so much more hassle.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could get in touch with Abbott to see if the Freestyle Lite is actually being discontinued and ask them if the have an alternative monitor that uses the same strips. If they do, they'll probably send you a free one if you ask nicely. The freestyle lite strips are good cos they only need a tiny dot of blood.

https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/our-products

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've recently upgraded to the Freestyle Optimum Neo. Personally love it.
Managed to get it online after completing a simple questionnaire. If it asks how often you test daily answer 6+.
Hope this helps.