BG levels

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I know my bg levels are pretty okay, normally I stay around low 6s. Last night I was 7.0, then 7.0 on waking and then 7.3 at 11am today. Now it's dropped to 5.4, 2 hrs after eating (Scrambled eggs, tomato and low sugar beans). I don't think I've ever had my levels go lower post prandial than my pre prandial. Is this normal?? Thanks as always.

M

Member496333

Yes it can happen if you catch gluconeogenesis on the upswing. If your somewhat insulin resistant liver is pouring out glucose with gay abandon because you haven’t eaten, ingesting an energy source low in carbohydrate can bring things back into normal range.

Reactions: AngiH

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both for your quick replies. Yes I'm only prediabetic and just trying to cut the ****...sorry carbs ok glad to know it's ok. This is such a learning curve and apologise for sometimes silly questions.

Reactions: satindoll
D

Deleted Account

There are many things which affect our BG. Not just what we eat.
If you exercised or relaxed your BG could fall.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks both for your quick replies. Yes I'm only prediabetic and just trying to cut the ****...sorry carbs ok glad to know it's ok. This is such a learning curve and apologise for sometimes silly questions.

Fear not there is never a silly question.....never ever......like everything else in life you can only learn by asking..........:happy:

M

Member496333

Don’t be silly. That’s why we are all here - to share and learn :)

Reactions: Patrick66 and AngiH

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes it is quite normal happens to me quite often. And as has been said there is no such thing as a silly question there to my mind is also no such thing as only pre-diabetic as I have been trying to impress on my daughter.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is quite normal happens to me quite often. And as has been said there is no such thing as a silly question there to my mind is also no such thing as only pre-diabetic as I have been trying to impress on my daughter.
Thank you, I say only prediabetic as there are so many in much more difficult stages, but yes I guess it is a diagnosis just like any other and a blessing that we have the chance to delay or reverse the T2.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I say only prediabetic as there are so many in much more difficult stages, but yes I guess it is a diagnosis just like any other and a blessing that we have the chance to delay or reverse the T2.

It would help everyone to help you appropriately if you update your profile settings to state you are pre-diabetic. This will then show under your avatar so we can see at a glance without having to keep asking you. It will make life easier for us and for you. :)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would help everyone to help you appropriately if you update your profile settings to state you are pre-diabetic. This will then show under your avatar so we can see at a glance without having to keep asking you. It will make life easier for us and for you. :)
I did try to do this but can't find where to change it...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did try to do this but can't find where to change it...

If you hover over your user name on the top navigation bar (right hand side) a drop down menu will appear. Choose Personal details. Scroll down a bit and you will see the option "Type of diabetes". Choose pre-diabetic. Underneath that is a box to tick your treatment type. You can tick "diet only"

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you hover over your user name on the top navigation bar (right hand side) a drop down menu will appear. Choose Personal details. Scroll down a bit and you will see the option "Type of diabetes". Choose pre-diabetic. Underneath that is a box to tick your treatment type. You can tick "diet only"
Thank you. I was trying to do it on my mobile haha....all done.