BG rising through the morning whatever I do?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupidly, I hadn't really thought of it that way
Not stupid. Just a little trick I learned when I was T2. If bloods were a tad high I’d have a small slice of celery with mayo, or two or three macadamias. More fat than carbs or protein. If youneat cheese just a bite would probably be perfect.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Another update.
I didn't go out walking yesterday because of a tender knee; previous experience says to rest it or a world of pain awaits. I am also skipping my (very enjoyable) fortnightly weekend group bike ride for the same reason.
Nevertheless my fasting BG this morning was 5.1 which is a big change from the start of the week.

Of course, as usual I have gone in full bore with the changes so I don't know if it is more exercise, less treats or no booze which has made the difference.

Anyway, looks like cutting back to very low carbohydrate may clean out any glucose stores. Intermittent fasting or just one water fast might do the same.

Then again working my leg muscles a lot more (they do look bigger) may have cut back my insulin resistance. Who knows?

I think my main target must be to reduce my waist measurement, perhaps to 34". I suspect that this will involve a degree of mental anguish as I deny myself nice things long term.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Another update.
I didn't go out walking yesterday because of a tender knee; previous experience says to rest it or a world of pain awaits. I am also skipping my (very enjoyable) fortnightly weekend group bike ride for the same reason.
Nevertheless my fasting BG this morning was 5.1 which is a big change from the start of the week.

Of course, as usual I have gone in full bore with the changes so I don't know if it is more exercise, less treats or no booze which has made the difference.

Anyway, looks like cutting back to very low carbohydrate may clean out any glucose stores. Intermittent fasting or just one water fast might do the same.

Then again working my leg muscles a lot more (they do look bigger) may have cut back my insulin resistance. Who knows?

I think my main target must be to reduce my waist measurement, perhaps to 34". I suspect that this will involve a degree of mental anguish as I deny myself nice things long term.
Wine fills my glycogen stores quickly. I need insulin to drink it and more the next day. I now went back to vodka with lemon and an avocado wedge haha

Hope your knee heals fast

Reactions: LittleGreyCat