BG

Nesmex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had 13.5 an 14 fasting readings for the last 3 days ... is this sort of okay. I do have blurred vision and I'm not feeling well so I'm in bed. I do have breathing problems which I no is not related, so I'm told. I did have glucose in urine and I do go to the toilet alot. Like 5 times during the night. I don't understand why I'm getting these symptoms on readings that arnt extreme... I'm not on metforman anymore haven't been for 3 months now.... I do get tight chested an breathing issues.... I'll see my GP this week. Any suggestions would be appreciated or insights. I'm quite sick. My hba1c was 40.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi @Nesmex ,

You can probably get away with figures that high for a short while but they will do you some damage in the longer term if you don't get them under control. Why have you stopped Metformin?

When you start weeing a lot it can be an indication of ketones in your urine which is bad. Have you tested for ketones ? Are you experiencing any uncontrolled weight loss ?

When was the last time you had the a1c done? 40mmol/mol equates to 5.8% which is excellent. In the UK atleast, 6.5% is the point where diabetes is confirmed.

Nesmex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi urbanracer. I stopped metformin because I got my hba1c down to 30 with diet. That was in july. My hba1c this time was 40 which is still good isn't it? But for the last 2 weeks I have gone toilet alot an at night alot. 4 to 6 times. My bladder is so full an aches I wake up. And my BS are 10 to 13 for morning fastings.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi urbanracer. I stopped metformin because I got my hba1c down to 30 with diet. That was in july. My hba1c this time was 40 which is still good isn't it? But for the last 2 weeks I have gone toilet alot an at night alot. 4 to 6 times. My bladder is so full an aches I wake up. And my BS are 10 to 13 for morning fastings.

They are pretty high readings for fasting @Nesmex , what are your readings at say 1hr and 2hrs after eating? I don't want to worry you but if you get any worse then you might want to consider getting medical attention without waiting for your GP appointment.

Nesmex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well i haven't done before an after food. I sort of stopped all that BS readings when I was 30 hba1c. ... I will do one today tho for lunch. I feel sick. Waiting on nurse to ring. My breathing bit odd an I don't have asthma...

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi... is it possible you have an underlying infection? My sugar levels go high continuously when my body has an infection usually, or if I'm dehydrated. If you haven't changed your diet, then my guess is it is something else affecting your sugar levels. It sounds to me that it would be a good idea to get in to see your doc as high BGL's are a good indicator for me when I'm coming down with something or I'm already dealing with something. Funnily enough most times I go to the doc for a check the tests show I have an infection. My GP said my high BGL's are a sign my body is stressed. I wish you the best. :)