Big drop

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi friends, I took a venous blood test at the end of September and got worryingly high BG and triglyceride readings. Thanks to your help and encouragement, I made some big lifestyle changes, and have experienced a significant drop in results. Medication-wise, I was taking one low-dose Rosuvastatin a day.

(First test) 28/09/2016.
Fasting Blood Glucose:13.2
Triglycerides: 32.2 (sic)
Total Cholesterol: 15.8

(Second test-today's results) 30/11/2016
Fasting Blood Glucose: 3.8
Triglycerides: 1.3
Total Cholesterol: 3.9
Hb1Ac: 6.0%

I asked the doctor to come off rosuvastatin now, because it does carry some increased risk of bringing on diabetes. He said I can, but I need to go back for another Hb1Ac and cholesterol reading in 3-4 months. My HDL is still a little low and my Hb1Ac is still at least pre-diabetes, so I know I've still got work to do; I also know I'm on thin-ice if I go back to my old-ways. Still, I'm happy with the news for now, and I really want to thank this brilliant community, and especially those kind posters who gave me advice and encouragement when I needed it most.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow thats a huge change in a very short time.. very well done indeed.. impressive results..

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great improvement well done and keep up the good work.

A

asparagusp

I had to pinch myself! lol Fantastic! I think 6 percent is "normal", not pre diabetic. Continue doing whatever it is you are doing. It's working!

Reactions: callyandy

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is amazing. :)

5.9% is normal.
6% is just above normal and the lowest pre-diabetic level.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very well done @Geordie_P . You're a changed man from the one who arrived here just a few weeks ago.

You've done the hard yards. Please do try to capitalise on those, moving forward. :)

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your hard work. Keep it up. :)