Big thanks to Diabetes.co.uk

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I watched the program tonight.
So, a big thanks to Diabetes.co.uk.

Massive support by all those that were on there, and if diabetics follow the links, they will looking at this site.
Good product placement by the management, and good advice on here to cut out the sugars and carbs, so many will be here for good advice.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It wasn't mentioned on the one I watched, South, but I found the very short programme interesting (about 15 minuets, as collecting cockles as a business in West Sussex was on first) Genetics was mentioned as well, plus the increasing numbers of obesity in our country.
Edited.

Last edited:

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Not Dorset but the Adur estuary in East Sussex.

Good to see the lady giving the info course said that the carbs must be looked at as well

M

mist

Was it David Attenborough talking about cockles? If not, I'm not interested! :joyful:

Seriously, that man makes dirt sound interesting! :p

#WeLoveYouDavid

Reactions: BeccyB

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some regions dedicated the whole programme to diabetes - usually ones with a strong regional angle, such as a large South Asian population. Others had another story as well - Inside Out typically runs 2 or 3 items per week.. Of the ones I have looked at so far only the South didn't have the diabetes segment first.

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, some people are illegally harvesting cockles from a site of special scientific interest and selling them in Lewisham for £20 a kilo. No-one seems interested in stopping them. That could be because they are loaded with e-coli and bring their own reward.

M

mist

Yes, some people are illegally harvesting cockles from a site of special scientific interest and selling them in Lewisham for £20 a kilo. No-one seems interested in stopping them. That could be because they are loaded with e-coli and bring their own reward.

Didn't a bunch of people drown a while back when they got stuck in the sand and the tide came in?

Fun fact: Pirates used to do that to vanquished enemies.

Steve_Woodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I watched the program tonight.
So, a big thanks to Diabetes.co.uk.

Massive support by all those that were on there, and if diabetics follow the links, they will looking at this site.
Good product placement by the management, and good advice on here to cut out the sugars and carbs, so many will be here for good advice.
I took part in the Midlands edition , 8 hrs filming 4 minutes on TV but it was fun and I think I got the message across.

M

mist

Not when I am dunking them into herb butter and seeing how many I can put down! Of course, someone else is cleaning, preparing those babies

Hmm, I am intrigued but not enough to try them. You eat with your eyes first and they just don't scream "eat me" at least not to me.

But hey, that means more for you..:woot: