Bipolar and diabetes keeping bloods stable.

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How do people cope with depression and keeping bloods stable? When high in mood I forget to inject untily bloods are high and when low mood I forget to eat or do generally anything. I'm on meds for both but have not had stable bloods for years, for me it is difficult to test bloods as I hate needles. (Fed up after 19yrs of D1 from very young age) if anyone has tips please let me know xx

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Am type2 and have bipolar.
I struggle with my bs levels and is a constant battle.
I do find the quetiapine doesn,t help with this and my psych has kept me on 100mg because he is very aware that my bs levels will/could be worse if it was upped but the down side is my moods are not very well controlled

Reactions: Babyweed

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I do find the quetiapine doesn,t help with this and my psych has kept me on 100mg because he is very aware that my bs levels will/could be worse if it was upped but the down side is my moods are not very well controlled
My moods are more stable on aripriprozale but it has taken year's and am now better however with stress things get bad. I hope things will work out for us both, I'm glad I'm not alone x

Reactions: ally1

Fee2211

Fee2211

Sorry not sure what I did there!
I’m really interested in this post . I was diagnosed bi polar 3 years ago and diagnosed type 2 diabetes two weeks ago I know it’s not going to be an easy ride and today I’m having a really tough day

Reactions: ally1

leahkian

There are a lot of people who have a mental illness and diabetes, i have suffered from different mental health issues for over 20 years now and i too got diabetes at a very young age. The thing is you are told to avoid stress as it effects BS but people have stress from being a diabetic. Have you not tried/ been offered a insulin pump as it is more easy to keep better control of diabetes and you have one needle every three days and you can eat when you want as that is the only time you need to put insulin in to combat what food you have. There is always insulin going in and when you learn about the pump you can have a different background insulin every hour if needed and if you are not hungry then you still have the background insulin going in. The thing is no matter how you feel you are connected to the pump so you no its there but you can take it off for bathing, the only down side is that a first you do have to check your BS more regular till you get the dose right but the positives are more than the negatives.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My moods are more stable on aripriprozale but it has taken year's and am now better however with stress things get bad. I hope things will work out for us both, I'm glad I'm not alone x
I have been very open about my bipolar on the forum because there us be many of us on here that have bipolar or a mental health illness. Many people feel ashamed and keep quiet because we Don, t want to be labeled. X

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Sorry not sure what I did there!
I’m really interested in this post . I was diagnosed bi polar 3 years ago and diagnosed type 2 diabetes two weeks ago I know it’s not going to be an easy ride and today I’m having a really tough day
There is no shame in having bipolar.
I am very open on here about my bipolar.

Reactions: Guzzler

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you guys for your support, I have tried a pump for a year but my body kept refecting the sites and after lots of keytone's it was taken away. Hoping everyone has a better day today x