ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Wasn,t sure whether to post here or in t2 section as I feel it can be more t2 related.
At the moment I am on a real downer and today feelING particular bad. Am taking my meds and am not suicidal, but I just don't know what to do.
As people are aware, I have severe neuropathy in my feet, over the past couple of years, I had been saying to the first DN about the numbness but she did sod all, I then saw the other DN nurse about the numbness who straight away referred me to the podiatrist. At the moment I am very unhappy with my GP, I saw him on 31st March about my memory and had failed the basic memory test so he was going to refer me to the memory clinic, never heard anything by end of may, contacted the surgery to find out gp hadn,t made the refer and he said he would do it. On Friday I rang the surgery for something else, I asked again if the refer had been done, Lo and behold, no refer has been done. If gp had changed his mind about the memory clinic then I feel he should have said he had decided to not do it. As I am unhappy about the non treatment like painkillers for the nerve pain, and I feel no after care as to now what to do to help me with the neuropathy. I do feel that at least I should be kept an eye on. I used to trust my surgery but am now too scared to call to see my gp or DN.
Fat forward to the past few days, I am on a real big downer, bipolar wise. Today I am feeling sod it all especially t2 wise and feel, if I am not getting any help re t2, I feel sod the effing diabetic meds. I know this is, t wise to stop them but if the surgery Don, t care then why should I care.
I do have a psych appointment on the 14th July, have tried to get an earlier appointment but psych is off until 9th July. And to be honest despite my manic feeling, I do think that this is more to do with the t2.
I just Don, t know what to do

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I have lived with depression, I know that horrid sense of loss of self worth. Please do not surrender to this idea thst you are worthless. You are special because you live with this condition. You are a mentor, you are here to lead others to safe ground. This is what makes my diabetes a goal in my own life. The forum gave me the opportunity to turn adversity into excellence. Stay with us, we need your knowledge - you are a valuable member of this team.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1
I can't know what you are feeling, but I do know that you are a great person. You have dealt with some awful personal stresses, you have dealt with your doc being unhelpful before, you have battled with your diabetes like a tigress, and you have made such marvellous strides in looking after it, and yourself.

Take some time, take your meds, and keep on with it one step at a time. This is just another bump in the road, although I know that it feels like a mountain.

Can you write to your doc? A letter? Saying that you would like to have confirmation of your referral as soon as possible?
I find that phone messages get lost, whereas letters don't.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You seem to be in the dark desperately seeking the light. Remember, you have been in that dark place before and you used your strength to find a way out and lift your eyes to the sun. When your strength is renewed you can fight your corner and confront those that are there to help not overlook. We are here beckoning you to return to better health, reaching out to you with understanding and companionship. Hold on, lass, you will see the end of this.

iHs

Ally, if you feel that the low feeling is getting bad, then take yourself off to the mental health clinic and ask to see a physic. You may have to wait for a while but someone should be able to see you
Depression with bi polar does usually lift eventually but you need to work out whether you are down because you are reacting to the current ccircumstances you are facing or are you down for no real reason which is called endogenous.
Could you muster enrolling in some yoga classes at all? This might help the mind, body and soul. Also, walking in the sunshine is good for enhancing seratonin levels .

Reactions: ally1

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ally1
I just want to encourage you to keep going. I would agree with what @zand said as you have been such a faithful member of this forum for so long. I've only been around for just over a couple of years and you were here then, What you have dealt with and the way you have dealt with things is inspiring to so many of us. Hugs to you.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@ally1
I can't know what you are feeling, but I do know that you are a great person. You have dealt with some awful personal stresses, you have dealt with your doc being unhelpful before, you have battled with your diabetes like a tigress, and you have made such marvellous strides in looking after it, and yourself.

Take some time, take your meds, and keep on with it one step at a time. This is just another bump in the road, although I know that it feels like a mountain.

Can you write to your doc? A letter? Saying that you would like to have confirmation of your referral as soon as possible?
I find that phone messages get lost, whereas letters don't.
Thank you for replying. Writing a letter sounds like a good idea and will write it tonight.
I do know gp time is Prescott but now I find I am getting no where.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
You seem to be in the dark desperately seeking the light. Remember, you have been in that dark place before and you used your strength to find a way out and lift your eyes to the sun. When your strength is renewed you can fight your corner and confront those that are there to help not overlook. We are here beckoning you to return to better health, reaching out to you with understanding and companionship. Hold on, lass, you will see the end of this.
Thank you

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Feeling down in the dumps myself. I just want to answer one part of your post...
Thank you.
At first my surgery was very good. Am just so fed up

Because we all care, and some of us need you more than you need us.
Hugs ally
x

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally, if you feel that the low feeling is getting bad, then take yourself off to the mental health clinic and ask to see a physic. You may have to wait for a while but someone should be able to see you
Depression with bi polar does usually lift eventually but you need to work out whether you are down because you are reacting to the current ccircumstances you are facing or are you down for no real reason which is called endogenous.
Could you muster enrolling in some yoga classes at all? This might help the mind, body and soul. Also, walking in the sunshine is good for enhancing seratonin levels .
I do have a psych who I will see on the 14th July.
The mental health team are more then useless, and the only way now to access a psych is through the mental health team. After waiting months to see them, they got me an appointment.
Now officially I am off their books, but the psych I am seeing, has in his words, seeing him regular off the books. Been seeing him about 3 years now, the reason he has kept seeing me was because he knew there was something wrong and overtime, he diagnosed bipolar. He actually listens to me

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with everyone else @ally1
You are a very important member of this forum, and we all love you. Genuinely. xxxx

Write that letter, and what about sending a copy to the Practice Manager. These managers are very powerful within a surgery. He/she could make the GP jump into action.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi @ally1
I just want to encourage you to keep going. I would agree with what @zand said as you have been such a faithful member of this forum for so long. I've only been around for just over a couple of years and you were here then, What you have dealt with and the way you have dealt with things is inspiring to so many of us. Hugs to you.
Thank you. I posted about having bipolar because to help others here who have it or have mental health problems. It was to show that there is no shame in having a mental health problem and that there's nothing to be ashamed about

Reactions: Bluetit1802

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I agree with everyone else @ally1
You are a very important member of this forum, and we all love you. Genuinely. xxxx

Write that letter, and what about sending a copy to the Practice Manager. These managers are very powerful within a surgery. He/she could make the GP jump into action.
Thank you bluetit.
The forum and members here are great and help in so many ways

Reactions: Bluetit1802

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find you an inspiration and a valuable member of our forum family - be kind to yourself and take things a day, hour, minute second at a time - one minute fighting is one minute won. Life can hit you with the sh***y stick sometimes, like some have said I can't begin to imagine how it feels as I have been extremely fortunate not to experience depression but hopefully showing I'm thinking of you may just help ((()))

Reactions: ally1 and zand

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I find you an inspiration and a valuable member of our forum family - be kind to yourself and take things a day, hour, minute second at a time - one minute fighting is one minute won. Life can hit you with the sh***y stick sometimes, like some have said I can't begin to imagine how it feels as I have been extremely fortunate not to experience depression but hopefully showing I'm thinking of you may just help ((()))
Thank you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1 - I think the idea of writing to your GP is an excellent one, because it allows us to actually use the words we want to, rather than the words that come out of our mouths when we speak when we're upset, angry, sad or whatever. If I have £1 for every time I have found myself asking where the words coming out of my mouth were coming from when my head wanted to say something else, I'd be a very wealthy individual.

Ally, you certainly deserve better than you have received over a period of time, and yet you are so stoic. I really do admire that in you.

Stick with your good work Ally, because you are improving your lot, and you do care, and we care about you.