Biscuits or Crackers

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Husband asking if anybody has found LC biscuits or crackers etc, that don't raise BG by a lot. Any suggestions?

Lakeslover

These cheese crackers are easyto make and taste good. I add dried thyme and rosemary and sprinkle pepper salt and sesame seeds on top, then a final gentle roll on the top before cooking. the thinner you roll them the crisper they are, and the quicker they cook so keep an eye on them. About 6 to 7 minutes each side works in my fan oven.

Reactions: fumanchu

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Lakeslover, how much flour and cheese and what temp in the oven? And TY, I'll try these.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Husband asking if anybody has found LC biscuits or crackers etc, that don't raise BG by a lot. Any suggestions?
Olina s seed crackers 1.2 g of carb for four crackers and no impact for me. I buy from Waitrose two pounds per pack Were on offer at 1.50 but now 2.00. Available from Amazon too but a lot pricier
IMG_20231214_185423.jpg
IMG_20231214_185521.jpg

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
No Waitrose within 50 miles but I will go and get some from amazz. TY!

Reactions: shelley262

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be a huge crackers and cheese fan - esp at this time of year. Nowadays they send my BGs through the roof so I've gone to Corn thins. They are just as nice, crisp and go well with cheese.

They are quite high carb But the sugars are very low so it seems my body can handle a couple at a time.

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be a huge crackers and cheese fan - esp at this time of year. Nowadays they send my BGs through the roof so I've gone to Corn thins. They are just as nice, crisp and go well with cheese.

They are quite high carb But the sugars are very low so it seems my body can handle a couple at a time.
Will add to the Sainsbugs order and try them TY!