Biscuits!!

Pagetbabs

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon,
Do any members have a recipe for biscuits, ( diabetic of course). I get a terrible longing for a biscuit when I have a cup of tea. Is there such a thing? I would be grateful for any recipe OR advice.
Thank you

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Pagetbabs ..
You could try .. Snacks from Diet Doctor .. and scroll through the pics. In just a couple of minutes, I found recipes for: Pecan chocolate thins, low-carb chocolate fudge and low-carb granola bars. Not for me, I'm afraid but if it floats your boat .. enjoy:happy::happy:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make the keto seed crackers from the Diet Doctor site mentioned by Prem 51.These are great with cheese.I also made my own version ........added finely chopped nuts to the recipe and reduced the seeds a little.After they had cooled I melted 75% dark chocolate and spread a little on each piece.This is the nearest I get to a chocolate digestive biscuit!

Reactions: Prem51

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I've always been told by dieticians that rich tea and digestives are ok to eat. I'm having rich tea for breakfast at the moment as cereal seems to be making me ill.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always been told by dieticians that rich tea and digestives are ok to eat. I'm having rich tea for breakfast at the moment as cereal seems to be making me ill.

You are on insulin, so can inject to cover your carbs. The original poster can't, so needs to keep the carbs down. There are 6g carbs per biscuit in McVities Rich Tea and 9.2g in each Digestive biscuit.

Reactions: dbr10

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon,
Do any members have a recipe for biscuits, ( diabetic of course). I get a terrible longing for a biscuit when I have a cup of tea. Is there such a thing? I would be grateful for any recipe OR advice.
Thank you

Hi there. If you do a Google search for "low carb biscuits", you'll find loads of recipes.

I like sites like ditchthecarbs, ibreatheimhungry, lowcarbmon, alldayithinkaboutfood, lowcarbmom, just to name a few.

I've never been a biscuit eater, so haven't dabbled myself.