Bisoprolol. Any Fellow Sufferers

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I went into Harefield Hospital on May 25th for an Aortic Valve Replacement, to correct Aortic Stenosis. Unusually (following complications) I spent 3 weeks and 3 days there before being discharged (Monday June 18th). Since discharge I have felt worse than I did on the ward

I have felt far tireder than I did on the ward. My first thoughts were that it's one of the two anti-biotic tablets I'm on. That course finished on Friday, and my tiredness persists.
Ony on Saturday morning did I think let's see what the internet has to say on bisoprolol and tiredness. The answer is loads !
it's also possibly known as Cardicor, Congescor, or Ziac.

Some people found that taking their tablet in the evening, rather than the morning, helped with the symptoms. I did this Saturday evening, and the following two things happened both of which were suggested by patients taking this drug : I slept better and longer. Usually I might wake at, say, 5.30am and decide to get up as I wouldn't sleep any more. This morning I was able to doze till after 7 (this really is most unusual for me). Secondly, I did more dreaming.
I wait to see what today brings regarding tiredness. This tiredness doesn't stop me doing anything. It's just always there like an invisible barrier.
Other symptoms for which this beta blocker seems responsible :

- a metallic taste in the mouth. Since coming out my appetite for food/drinks has disappeared. I lost a stone in hospital. That
won't be going back on any time soon.
- I feel generally colder. I've gone from being the hottest person in the room to the coldest.
- my feet/ankles have slightly swollen.

Does anyone have experience of this drug ?
Geoff

p.s. I have 'form' with other drugs. My GP once put me on Ramipril, which turned me into a zombie, and after falling down my stairs at home, I discontinued.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took bisoprolol for a while. I can't say I noticed any problems. My heart beat was slower but that was a good thing and I was always tired back then anyway so I can't say the drug made this any worse. I didn't notice any temperature changes (I still was the warmest person in the room whilst on bisoprolol.)

I have noticed that I take while longer than I should to recover from operations. I usually am more tired for a few weeks after any spell in hospital. Maybe your body is just settling down? Unlike you I put on 15 lbs in 24 hours after my op and only 8 pounds of it went away when I took diuretics. I think my heart was just taking things easy so it could recuperate.

It's early days for you if you have only been out of hospital a week, but ask your GP if you think you have a problem with this drug too.

Best wishes :)
zand

Reactions: librarising

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on Bisoprolol 5mg daily since 2007 for AF & hypertension and have had no problems with it at all. Cold hands and feet are common side effects with a number of beta blockers but I've been lucky.
~Heath

D

Deleted member 308541

I take Bisoprolol for AFib twice a day in the am/pm for the last four years, I have had no problems with it.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
I have been on bisoprolol for a year now and have secondary Raynaud's. I suffer cold hands and feet - my hands turn white just going round the chill section of the supermarket - then turn an interesting shade of blue!! I can keep going all day but nod off regularly after dinner in the evening which could be a result of the bisoprolol. Hope you feel better soonxx

Roseanne01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
'isms'. Not being able to eat potatoes.
I went into Harefield Hospital on May 25th for an Aortic Valve Replacement, to correct Aortic Stenosis. Unusually (following complications) I spent 3 weeks and 3 days there before being discharged (Monday June 18th). Since discharge I have felt worse than I did on the ward

I have felt far tireder than I did on the ward. My first thoughts were that it's one of the two anti-biotic tablets I'm on. That course finished on Friday, and my tiredness persists.
Ony on Saturday morning did I think let's see what the internet has to say on bisoprolol and tiredness. The answer is loads !
it's also possibly known as Cardicor, Congescor, or Ziac.

Some people found that taking their tablet in the evening, rather than the morning, helped with the symptoms. I did this Saturday evening, and the following two things happened both of which were suggested by patients taking this drug : I slept better and longer. Usually I might wake at, say, 5.30am and decide to get up as I wouldn't sleep any more. This morning I was able to doze till after 7 (this really is most unusual for me). Secondly, I did more dreaming.
I wait to see what today brings regarding tiredness. This tiredness doesn't stop me doing anything. It's just always there like an invisible barrier.
Other symptoms for which this beta blocker seems responsible :

- a metallic taste in the mouth. Since coming out my appetite for food/drinks has disappeared. I lost a stone in hospital. That
won't be going back on any time soon.
- I feel generally colder. I've gone from being the hottest person in the room to the coldest.
- my feet/ankles have slightly swollen.

Does anyone have experience of this drug ?
Geoff

p.s. I have 'form' with other drugs. My GP once put me on Ramipril, which turned me into a zombie, and after falling down my stairs at home, I discontinued.

I'm on 5mg Bicol for dilated cardiomyopathy. It made me very tired at first. Seven months down the track I’ve got used to it, no longer tired.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on 5mg Bicol for dilated cardiomyopathy. It made me very tired at first. Seven months down the track I’ve got used to it, no longer tired.
That's good to hear. Today I'm literally 8 weeks post-surgery, and while other side-effects have gone away, the tiredness hasn't. I live in faith that it will, though.
Geoff

Reactions: Roseanne01