bit late but merry xmas

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all hope you all had a good xmas..mine was okay went to my sisters who piled my plate up with all the stuff i couldnt have and then moaned that i left most of it..and commented that diabetes isnt an illness so i should forget about it! well after that and then the rest of em picking at me i went home alone and had a better time..the chemist didnt pick up my prescription for glicazide so i havent taken it since xmas eve, my numbers have been better and i havent had that tingling in feet so due at docs next week..i feel much better not on it but suppose they will say ive got to take it..roll on the new year and hope its a good one for you all....sue...x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Families eh,you've just got to love them!!Maybe you should leave her some leaflets on diabetes just so she can see that it is a 'real ' disease/condition!! If your numbers stay stable without the Glicazide tell your doctor ,maybe you don't need it if you are watching your diet carefully.It is your diabetes no one can force you to take tablets but...you need to be careful that you are controlling it successfully without the tabs.
Wishing you a happy ,healthy 2009, Sue.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I stopped taking gliclazide ages ago, because I want to get more weight off. I can manage without it.
If you can, don't give in to pressure to take it. A medication free method of control is preferable. You may need it again if you become ill, but why use a powerful chemicql if you don't need it?

Katharine

Would she agree to a buffet next year?

I can see you having to buy her a hostess trolley. They are making a come back!

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
Its true - Diabetes is not an illness, it's all in your head apparently !!!!!
I get this all the time when im out, and whilst I can now eat a lot more than I was of times recent, i'm still adopting the low carb approach, although it's a little more difficult when eating out - if this is now the case drop a few more carbs in the run up to going out and then maybe have a wee splurge :lol:

It is difficult explaining to family and friends that I cannot eat what I used to, sometimes I just dont bother and "fake" an upset tummy to avoid confrontation.

So far ive not had many issues really, but im still working on it

Jim