Bitter melon

Peterb73

Has anyone on here used bitter melon to help with control? I am thinking about introducing it as part of my control. Would it better to use a juiced version or capsules please?
Peter

McGints11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I have had success using bitter melon. I just use the bitter melon tea bags. They are cheap, easy to use and eat too carry around. I have 1 cup of the tea after each meal. If I go out to a wedding and they have a multi course feast, I take a cup of tea after each course. You can get them in most Asian grocery stores.

dandy78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I eat it raw and had success to some extent (0.3-0.5 lower fasting BG).
I'd like to give tea a try, as it would be more convenient but I can't seem to find anywhere in asian shops. McGints11 can you tell me what it's called, maybe I'm not looking for the right package.

Reactions: beth cordoba

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I take supplements, and I don't know if they work, but I don't plan on stopping them to find out that they don't lol.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I eat cooked bitter melon quite often. My readings indicate that it does seem to reduce my FBG. However, that is anecdotal evidence only.

It is relatively low carb and packed with vitamin c, so I consider that the benefits outweigh any downside.

Last edited: