Black Friday

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Trying to find a smart watch bargain... none to be found so far, but I'm holding out for Amazon since their Black Friday deals are sponsored by Android Wear. Bit disappointed so far.
They've a pebble up later today - 1pm start I think.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Enjoy your new TV Noblehead.
I dont need anything realy,but would like a I Pad.
My grown up children are always telling me I need,I pad I phone .Ive had my mobile 4 years It cost £14.99 ,Im ok with that,
Showing my age I think.

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well there was no way I was going to join the mayhem this morning, the scenes on the early morning news were ridiculous. Going to wait and see what comes up nearer the Christmas and New Year period, wasn't really that impressed with what they knocked off the tv's anyway.

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Just seen it on the news,gosh ,just shows how desperate people are.

C

chris lowe

A few years ago the 3D tv's were all the rage and turned out to be a damp squib, curved tv's the same?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just seen it on the news,gosh ,just shows how desperate people are.

Surprised nobody was killed or seriously injured, I think they need to review this Black Friday business before there is a fatality.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Desperate? Greedy more like. There are very few things we actually need.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
sheep-wallpaper-1.jpg

Baaaaaa !!! I'm first, no I am, NO I AM, and "I have been here since..................... well I can't actually remember, doh, but I'm sure it was a very, very,very long time, so me next :arghh::p
RRB :D

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I must share this ..it's the funniest, sad,scariest thing I have seen.. It would not be out of place in a comidey sketch .. I was out down the town this morning .. Wondering why it was so crowded .. Forgot for a few moments it was Black Friday ! So walking along the wide pavement I noticed a biggish block being wrestled to the ground, but 2 police men ... They had the man face down and we're both kneeling on his back .. One was putting on handcuffs and the other one was shouting ..." Do you think you can get up now?" .... The police man repeated this a few times ! I was sooooooo tempted to go over and point out the the police that I don't think the man can get up as they were both kneeling on him... As I watched the police got of the man lifting him to his feet and dragged him over to the road .. While they waited for police wagon .. Guess this man was having his own version of a Black Friday ...
You don't mess with scottish police !

Reactions: 4 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
sheep-wallpaper-1.jpg

Baaaaaa !!! I'm first, no I am, NO I AM, and "I have been here since..................... well I can't actually remember, doh, but I'm sure it was a very, very,very long time, so me next :arghh::p
RRB :D
Pmsl sorry what picture was it I found this for you image.jpg

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well after trying various website and everyone of them saying they were to busy due to the Black Friday,I managed to buy a hair dyer for my daughter as her one keeps burning out I purchased it for 19.99 instead of £70.00 so I am really pleased image.jpg

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
They've a pebble up later today - 1pm start I think.
I ended up getting the Sony one. Not a fan of pebble, as I wanted one with the android wear OS and a touchscreen :)

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I ended up getting the Sony one. Not a fan of pebble, as I wanted one with the android wear OS and a touchscreen :)
That's good did you manage to get a good deal.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I had a look at it, but having previous with a Gen 1 smartwatch, it's battery life that kills me. Even 2-3 days isn't really good enough for something like that. When someone can do me one that lasts 7-14 days and provide the functionality, then I'll get on the hook!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
That's good did you manage to get a good deal.
I did! £180 down to £132, which is a real bargain!

I had a look at it, but having previous with a Gen 1 smartwatch, it's battery life that kills me. Even 2-3 days isn't really good enough for something like that. When someone can do me one that lasts 7-14 days and provide the functionality, then I'll get on the hook!
2-3 days works fine for me, as I'm in the habit of recharging a plethora of devices nightly anyway :D

C

chris lowe

After seeing the scenes on the lunchtime news I was almost plreased I didn't feel up to going out today. Most of the stuff will probably be cheaper in January sales.

Reactions: 3 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
So have I tim,steam mop,cheaper than Tesco sale.