Bladder doesn't feel empty

Elc1112

No idea whether this is related to my diabetes, but guess there is no harm in asking...

Over the past few weeks I've been feeling like I'm not able to completely empty my bladder. Even after going to the toilet I still have the full feeling. I'm not going more often than usual and have no other symptoms.

Anybody experienced something similar in the past? It doesn't feel like cystitis as I have none of the other telltale signs.

Many thanks in advance, Em

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a similar thing and it turned out to be part of my diabetes diagnosis. Though I didn't have classic cystitis symptoms, I actually did have a bad urinary tract infection and ended up on 2 lots of antibiotics to clear it (turned out to be a resistant strain and needed special antibiotic on the second go-round). So, please see your doctor and get a urine test done.

Elc1112

Hi Indy,

I'm going to give my doctor a call on Monday and get an appointment ASAP. I've had UTIs in the past but this feels very different. Having said that, it could definitely be that just without the usual symptoms. Hope it sorts itself soon - driving me mad!

Em

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All seriousness, I had no effing idea I had anything like a UTI - just a weird sensation when I went - it freaked me out that I turned out to have such a serious infection. Now I know it was the really high BG levels at work, but then I had no idea.

Adele99

Could be caused by any number of reasons- neurogenic bladder, UTI, side effect of some medications etc like Amitryptiline , some painkillers etc, and it could also be nothing to worry about.You're doing the right thing to see your GP .

Elc1112

Thanks guys. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and am terrible for self diagnosing using google. If nothing else a trip to the doctor will put my mind to rest! Will let you know how I get on. Hope you both enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

McMittens

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep and it was general water infections, I'm sure your GP will help.