Bleeding after injecting insulin!

laurenk978

Hi I'm type1 and hav been bleeding after injecting insulin! Is this normal? It's jst a small amount of blood about the same wen testing 4BG. How can u avoid this? X

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It happens when you puncture the tiny blood vessels under the skin and isn't anything to worry about when it happens, you could try using smaller needles if your still using the 8mm, I noticed a big difference when changing from the 8mm to the 5 and 4mm needles.

SAH154

I generally used to inject and leave the needle in my skin and count to 15 and sometimes the blood appeared to contain insulin as well so it may affect the dose i.e you have too little insulin

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I inject on the left AM and on the right PM, but I have only ever bled when injecting on the right. I have only felt pain on the right. Is there something in the right side of the lower abdomen that would cause this?

Kerry-Michelle

I also use 4mm needles, I have done ever since my diagnosis and I always bleed after injecting no matter how long I count or how much insulin I inject.. Or where on my body i inject.. It's a pain in the bum.. But I spoke to my nurse who said it's normal and that there's nothing I can do....

Kerry xx

GlazedDoughnuts

It's just one of those things, happens to me quiet often.

It's annoying when I'm wearing a nice clean white shirt at work, post lunch, nice blood spots :think:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T2 does this too and I keep a spray bottle of stain remover near the laundry basket. that's the worst of it. Getting bloodstains out of tee-shirts
Hana